on 2 July 2013
They are good for the purpose of PC/Mac/Laptop speakers!

Perfect size - smaller is too small, large is too bulky
Nice and clean aesthetics look, I don't think there's anything better in the range > others will either be too typical-boring or too industrial looking.

Blu-tooth feature is especially useful. Normally it's connected via wire to the computer. Then you can add a new device e.g. iPhone/iPad and the sound preference gets to the mobile device, then computer becomes silent. Then when you disconnect the device, the sound automatically comes back to the PC.

Nice feature - when it's wired, the volume hob glows in RED, when a wireless device attached - it changes the glow to BLUE colour. Very easy to tell where the sound comes from.

The only disadvantage is that your neighbours can connect to the speakers if you're not already connected with your own mobile. Especially, if they do it accidentally and wonder why their mobile doesn't sound but your speakers receive the sound from their calls across the wall :) But you'll see that because the volume hob turns into blue.

I confirm there's a headphones out on the volume hob, as well as line-in, but I haven't tried them yet.

I haven't tried the full volume yet, but obviously, it's not the right speakers to have a big party in your living room, but good enough to fill in your bedroom with loud music.

The sound quality is satisfiable for this size/purpose speakers, don't think it can be better.

They are not heavy, but no too plastic-cheap looking, just the right combination. I expected the volume hob to be a bit larger, but this size is just fine too.
review image
on 21 August 2014
Sounds great when there is no distortion, which happens on a regular basis. Likely due to the Blue-Tooth component. On contacting Edifier on the website, they say Edifier are in China and there is nothing they can do. I want my money back or a unit that does not give off noise pollution to a point that it sounds like crashing sea waves. Also there are way to many wires for a so called Blue Tooth device. A good looking unit that is flawed by intermittent sound quality, too many wires, plus a base switch under the unit so you have to pick up the base unit to change the baseline. Its very powerful so at high volume this may not be an issue for some and it does look good. I need it playing at quiet levels, its not good for this 305 of the time so for me its flawed and should be re-called. If its too good to be true, it normally is.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
I wanted these speakers more for aesthetic reasons than for outstanding performance and that is about what I got. They look amazing alongside my Cinema Display and Macbook Pro, outperform the built in speakers of my display and complement my whole minimalist desktop perfectly. Finish quality is about what I would expect from this price point, a perfectly acceptable painted matt silver finish.
The sound is about right for the price point too and more than adequate for a computer set up or as a sound system in an average sized room. Bluetooth is easy to set up and works well enough although I have had to hard wire them to the MacBook as some interference problems persisted.
Otherwise this speaker set represents excellent value for money especially considering the bluetooth option.
Delivered quickly and in excellent condition, I would use this supplier again.
on 22 October 2014
good product, easy setup and nice sound