Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 March 2013
I have always enjoyed Caravan on record and got the chance to see them in Gateshead in January 2013. The show was amazing and the musicianship and rapport with the audience was outstanding. This album and DVD captures the current live show really well and is great value. It contains familiar Caravan material and some newer songs which are also excellent. I would obviously recommend to fans of the band but would also urge all those who love music to take a "chance" on this release..you will not be disappointed. A special mention to the relatively recent recruit, drummer Mark Walker. I don't think I have heard a better drummer in over 40 years of concert going. The only problem is that after hearing this fantastic album I can't resist buying all the Caravan records again on CD and I now have the full set! Roll on the next tour.
on 19 October 2014
This has to be one of the best albums issued by Caravan. The recording is superb and the tracks are so well chosen. The band plays fantastic and provides an absolutely wonderful experience of Caravans so individual music. Been following Caravan for over 40 years and this just shows how good they are, never a dip. First live performance of 'Give me More' and it was superb. Brilliant !!!
on 5 August 2014
what a superb cd, Caravan Live cd recorded in 2010, they sound just as good today as they I back in there early years, the live cd is well made the band are on top form , you get the new stuff like, The Unauthorised breakfast item & Smoking Fun to Golf Girl, Give me more and agood mixture of other stuff. I could play this cd over & over as it is such agood live cd. thank you Caravan for making this album.
on 14 May 2013
I bought this as a result of seeing Caravan a few weeks ago for the first time in years.
Membership of Caravan has morphed over many years, with Pye Hastings being the only original member left. Each new member has brought their own influence to bear on the vast back catalogue of music, but importantly, Pye continues to write material as fresh as it was in 1968.
I was rather sceptical that drummer Richard Coughlan could ever be replaced. However, I am absolutely delighted that Mark Walker has thoroughly proved me wrong, playing with much skill and enthusiasm. 'Old boys' Geoff Richardson, Jan Shelhaas and Jim Leverton continue push the boundaries whilst staying true to the original.
This album in particular conveys the enjoyment the band obviously have when working together.
Particular favourites on here are the classics of Memory Lain, Hugh, Headloss and Nine Feet Underground. Give Me More (from their 1977 Better By Far album) also has its first ever live performance.
The production of the CD, and in particular the DVD is up there with the very best.
A must have for Caravan fans, and a great addition for any serious music collection.
on 5 December 2013
As a fan over the past 40 years Caravan have never disappointed. Although we're all pushing on in years now these "boys" are as fresh as ever. It is sad Richard Coughlan is no longer fit to play but Mark Walker on drums is a more than adequate substitute. It's good to see them all enjoying delivering their tight performance on the DVD and touching to see Richard taking part with obvious approval. I have never understood why this lot have not achieved universal popularity. They have given me so much enjoyment over many years and continue to do so. Their musicality should appeal to everyone. Go on, try it. You know you want to! Highly recommended.
on 13 June 2013
Having seen Caravan recently this live studio version of some of their songs is the next best thing to being there.
on 9 May 2016
I bought this as a gift but now wished I'd kept it for myself