on 2 September 2016
Quite small - not a criticism, but obviously you can't tell from a glance at the picture, so I thought I'd better point it out in my review. They work just fine Not the strongest clamp in the world but I use them for holding back drops up and such and treated with a little care they do just fine. I include a photo for size purposes.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on 15 May 2017
As others have stated the orange bits on the clamp pop off easily when putting them on, taking them off, or there is a tug on the backdrop in normal working conditions. Its the sort of thing that you lose easily. Photographing children means its the right size for them to find and put in their mouth. As this is too much of a choking hazard I've removed them from all the clamps. The surface that comes into contact with the backdrops now is piercing and will likely tear the backdrops. I therefore cannot recommend them.
on 23 December 2015
Good value for money and the grips work well and have a very strong grip for their size.

The only flaw is that if you are not careful, the orange grips pop off the clips rather easily. This happens when they rotate (as you take them off the clipped item) and you release the clip with the the orange grip(s) in the 'wrong' position. The force of the clip forces the grip(s) off. It's not a big job to pop them back on again (as long as they have not popped off into some dark recess), and does not happen if you remember to ensure the grips are in the 'correct' position before closing them. That said, I own a small number of other similar (but larger) grips that do not do this.
on 14 April 2016
These clips are not well built. The red ends often pop off and they don't hold my backgrounds well. I think in an ideal world this product needs to be made of something stronger and also need to be larger. I now keep them in my kitbag and use for other obstacles that I need to overcome. For example keeping fabric in place in windy conditions. For this kind of use - they are perfect. For my backdrops, I hope to find something more substantial.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2015
The orange tips swivel to provide the best grip possible without damaging what they are gripping. They have a nice strong grip and lots of practical uses not just in photography! They are not suitable for clipping over large (1" thick or more) backdrop poles.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Really strong clips, so much so that they are causing pressure marks on the background. When releasing them if you don't slowly close the spring clip it can have a tendency to catapult the orange self levelling clips into orbit. Lost two already.
on 18 May 2016
These grips are extremely useful in the studio. They really deserve 5 stars but I have given 4 because they are small and fiddly, the orange tips can swivel and move, but overall they do the job and are good value for money!!
on 9 April 2015
They were smaller than I had imagined. I Used them for holding up a photography back drop. The little orange plastic bits at the end are a pure annoyance. They are un necessary. They are meant to conform to whatever your clamping them around but they just get in the way and end up pinging off and you can't find them, then you stand on it a week later and nearly hit the ceiling.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 January 2018
The orange tips fall off all the time. Next time I would look for a more reliable product.
on 25 March 2015
Great quality - well made, easy to handle and fit for purpose. They're not the widest of clamps, so be careful to check the dimensions of your backdrop and stand system - but for general purpose use (backdrops secured against a crossbeam) they worked perfectly for me.