Customer reviews

on 16 June 2017
Product as expected
on 3 August 2015
As always with WJW, an excellent read. I only wish he was more prolific.
on 9 June 2013
I was an avid fan of the original Dread Empire's Falls series. I really liked the characters, and the story line was really compelling. This book does not disappoint, and I really enjoyed it. The only reason I have given this four stars is that I would really have liked the book to be longer.

I like the Authors writing style, and so will be keeping an eye out for any new books that this author writes. I have my fingers crossed that some more books based on the "Dread Empire's Falls" universe are released, as I for one will definitely be buying them.
on 7 April 2013
I've read all three earlier books in the "Dread Empire's Fall" series and thoroughly enjoyed them. This short novel is a good, stand-alone addition to that series. It has some characters in common with the originals but can, I think, be read without knowing the back-story to the series. If you like an epic, space-opera feel to your reading then Mr Williams's flawless style will more than satisfy you. I highly recommend this short episode and, indeed, the series itself.
on 22 December 2016
If you enjoyed Dread Empire's Fall, this is a must. I've been looking for this short story for years, until I found it in ebook format. I personally enjoyed returning to the world of Captain Martinez. Let us hope this is not the last time he appears.
on 30 October 2013
This is only a short story but if you liked Dread Empires Fall then it is an enjoyable read. I would highly recommend the Dread Empires Fall trilogy first.
on 13 December 2014
Disappointing follow up to the excellent Dread Empire's Fall series
on 7 November 2014
Good addition to the series