on 19 September 2015
The actual premise of this story was interesting and although it ended predictably - yes, you've guessed it, by not actually ending - it was a decent enough read. It wasn't strong enough to make me buy the other two books in the trilogy, but I've found worse ways to spend a couple of hours that's for sure. I thought 'The Angry One' as a pseudonym for the serial killer was a bit twee and the further I read, certain scenarios kept repeating themselves, not verbatim, but annoying all the same. It felt like the author had set a target of so many thousand words for Book One and somehow it was going to be stretched out to meet it, come what may.
on 22 October 2017
Can't wait to read the follow on book
on 8 March 2015
I really liked this one!! It is a bit formulaic ie beautiful American heroine in peril/racked with angst and personal hangups etc etc. but that said, I liked it and normally I run a mile from this sort of thing. The beautiful heroine is a cop who is violently attacked one night and this colours all her relationships with men. I thought I wouldn't like this because there is quite a lot of soul-searching that could put you off but in a way, it adds to the trauma suffered by Tess. I thought I'd got the baddie sorted but I hadn't and then, to my utter fury, the novel finished leaving you hanging so you need to buy the next one!!! GRRRRRR! It isn't rocket science but it whiled away a rainy afternoon and to be honest, it was nice to read something that kept me guessing and that I genuinely enjoyed!
on 26 December 2014
I have read all 3 books in this series. They started off very well, but, I have no patience with characters who constantly & stupidly put themselves in harms way. By book 2 this was confirmed & by the time I had finished book 3 I was rather fed up with the lead character. However, this is of course only my opinion & should not put others off reading the series.
on 1 September 2013
If police procedures are this bad in America, and if policewomen are so unprofessional and sappy, I recommend all potential mass murderers go there to commit their crimes.
A truly awful book that I recommend no-one reads except to see an example of bad writing, loose plotting and silly characters with no appeal.
Plus, did anyone proof read this rubbish? I read to the end on holiday, unable to believe it would not get any better. I was wrong - it just got worse.
on 9 January 2015
Nice read this. Murder at a slow pace,with a back story and many personal complications and hang ups. Like a slow motion car crash. Not sure how a trilogy is squeezed out of this.
on 2 July 2015
Full of suspense and the 'who done it' mentality. Thoroughly enjoyed the mystery and intrigue so much that I found it difficult to put down. Very well recommended.
on 25 June 2014
Great read have purchase the next 2books can't wait to start reading them hope they are as good as the first couldn't put it down.
on 18 March 2014
Great book for all murder mystery fans. Very well written and keeps you interested. The ending was not what I was expecting.
on 28 November 2014
Really enjoyed this book and Champaign at the bit to start the next one. Can't wait for pay day to get here 😀