Customer reviews

on 1 June 2014
A great book for those with fussy eaters or complex family feeding needs. Good ideas for food on the run and yummy recipes.
on 28 June 2008
I have recently purchased this book and am very pleased with it. I particularly like the 4 week menu plan and shopping list. Fantastic. It saves going through the reciepes and writing your own list and inevitably forgetting something. I also like the easy casserole dishes that require hardly any cooking ability just the time to chop and throw it all in. Useful healthy snacks for after school too. We made banana muffins the other day - yum! It is also a nice compact size - not too big which I find handy.
6 people found this helpful
on 4 August 2009
This is a fantastic book and I really recommend it to anyone with children.
Making sure my little boy is well fed and enjoys his food is very important to me and this book is a fantastic help with this.
It is full of useful information about food groups, ideas for lunchboxes, picnics, eating out, alternatives for breakfasts, getting children involved with cooking - in fact allsorts of information!!
There is also a fantastic recipe chapter with a range of types of food as well as menu planners and shopping lists. I have been delving in and out of it but if you are less confident with cooking and feeding then you could follow the plans for a very varied, nutritionally balanced and tasty week of meals for your little ones and for you!
If you use Gina's other books the recipes fit well with the advice in those, but if you have never read a book by Gina Ford or have no intention of following her routines this is still a fab book for you.
The illustrations are also lovely and all in all a brilliant book which is a bargain especially at the current price!
Buy it and you will use it!
2 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2008
This is a fantastic book. It has so much information, from advice on how to provide nutritionally balanced meals for your kids, to how to shop and cook for a family with the minimum of stress! The recipes are great too - lots of new ideas for breakfast, lunch and tea (inc many that I know myself and my husband will enjoy). I especially love all the new "one-pot" recipes - perfect for busy mums and dads! It's a cookbook and a healthy eating guide in one. I can honestly say that I've never seen a book on feeding kids that's as comprehensive or as useful. With two hungry pre-schoolers to feed, I know that I'll be referring to this one time and time again!

Even if you have never followed any of Gina Ford's routines or have never looked at a copy of one of her books before, I urge you to buy this! It's the perfect companion to her "Food Bible", presented in a modern, fresh, way.
8 people found this helpful
on 26 June 2008
I really don't like cooking and having to do 3 seperate meals for a 1 year old, 3 year old and us parents is not my idea of fun. This books makes it all so much easier as one of the hardest things for me about cooking is deciding what to have. Now I just go to the menu planners, write down the shopping list and off I go. Now I usually only have to cook 1 meal a day that all of us can eat which is fantastic and such a time saver.
The tips on fussy eaters are also great for my 3 year old who is going through this stage.
Every family with children will benefit from the information in this book - don't be put off if you are not a "Gina follower" as this book as something for everyone.
11 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2008
I reccomend that anyone who cooks for a family buys a copy of this book - it is fantastic.
As a busy working mum of 3 constantly hungry boys, I spend a lot of time shopping for, preparing and then cooking meals. I worry about providing a balanced diet and making our meals interesting.
Feeding Made Easy details the nutritional requirements of your family and also provides recipes and a shopping list for the meals that provide all they need.
The recipes are fabulous and you dont have to be a chef to cook them.
If you are going to buy one book to use when cooking for your family then this is the one to buy.
9 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2008
This book is more than just a recipe book its packed full of information on food generally, eating out, making it fun for kids, making it with kids. As a Mum of two under fives, I am always after new quick nutritious meals for my children and this book has these things.

Even if you dont use Ginas routines please try this book its fab
4 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2008
This book is a life-saver for busy families - Gina does it again! Her latest book is packed full of sensible, really useful information on all aspects of food, including choosing organic produce, what to look for when buying fish or meat, different grains to use, dealing with fussiness, practical advice when eating out with children ... AND MUCH MORE. It is studded with tips and suggestions throughout. And the recipes are GREAT - delicious, uncomplicated, down-to-earth and achievable for all parents. Plus, the whole family love them, so there is no more cooking separate meals for children and adults. The menu-planers are brilliant - taking you through four weeks, giving balanced meals for everyone. And I love the shopping lists, which make life so much easier. I just copy down what I need for the week, and off I go. This book is really user-friendly. It's getting hard to drag me out of the kitchen - I just want to try everything!
7 people found this helpful
on 12 July 2008
After working all day, the last thing I want to do is think about shopping, let alone plan meals and feed my very young family as well....but now I don't need to think about it so much thanks to this book. It's laid out logically; illustrated and worded appropriately, all the thinking is done for you and it's a godsend quite frankly. I particularly love the family oriented meal planners and layouts, the recipes are gorgeous and the ideas inspired. I am no professional in the kitchen, infact, I hate cooking; but this actually makes the whole task much easier, and even - dare I say - pleasant! All in all, if you're looking for something to take the hassle out of family meal planning, then give this book a shot, it's well worth it! It does exactly what it says on the tin!
5 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2008
What a lovely book. If you liked Nigella's 'How to Eat' this has the same sort of feel but is aimed specifically at feeding children and families. Packed full of nutritional info made really accessible (omega-3 fats, antioxidants and prebiotics are all covered), top tips and plenty wonderful suggestions for more unusual foodstuff (spelt flour, quinoa or tofu anyone?)presented in an attractive and easy to read format. The recipes are straightforward, delicious and serve the whole family. You don't need to be a 'Gina follower' to use and enjoy this book. Confidence building, informative and inspiring!
7 people found this helpful