on 10 January 2016
I enjoyed this film but not as much as Streetdance 1, it just didn't seem to have any real storyline, and wasn't in the same league as the Step Up series which to be fair are best movies in this genre.

To it's credit it was very watchable and I love the blending of latin and streetdance styles. The dancers looked great and everyone did their best, but it looked very samey to me, in comparison to the brilliance of the choreography on display in the step up series, which at times has been breath taking and truly inspirational, this just wasn't memorable.

What made the first of these films so charming was the clash of the elitist ballet world with the talented but not so cosseted dancers from the street. It incorporated genuine romance and some very lovely dancing too. I also never felt any sense of momentum on behalf of the stories characters and just went along with what I was seeing as it is totally inoffensive and passable for pleasant evenings viewing.

Anyway overall this is ok and fun to watch just for the love of dance.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 November 2012
After the brilliant dance scenes and passable story of Streetdance, we bought this hoping for more of the same, Unfortunately StreetDance2 is more of a plod than a dance. While the dance scenes are not bad, being latin rather than ballet there was less of a flow to this one. Ok, so if you are buying this for the dance you dont necessarily need a storyline, but something that gets you from A to B without looking at your watch would be good.
Since we bought SD1 we've watched it loads of times, this one has been watched once. It's a shame as it could have been so much more...its ok, but dont expect too much from it.
on 1 December 2015
Wicked dance movies. Its stands up to the first Street Dance movie. Wicked dance movies and Latin dancers are wicked when they battle. Amazing stuff + Sofia Boutella looks so fit in the film. Nice eye candy Hmmmmmm :O)
on 16 October 2014
As I enjoy a bit of dancing I thought I might give it a go in the hope I might enjoy it. Now I knew it was probably aimed at the younger age market but didn't realize that they would have been so patronized, the story was so juvenile it ruined it for me. If the youngsters enjoy these offerings that's great, but as an adult I find there's very little in 3d films that caters purely for my age group.
on 27 November 2016
WONDERFUL! Saw it 3 times and will watch it again! Can't get enough of them! The 3-D quality is excellent! These dancers are lovely and super talented and the Uncle takes the cake!
on 18 April 2018
I bought this for the kids, they loved it and danced around the house after it had finished.They'll watch it more than once so well worth buying. Good price, came on time, really happy 😊
on 28 February 2018
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 January 2018
Great dvd
on 25 September 2013
I was amazed at the antics that the cast managed during the whole film but having had a knee replacement some years ago now I have to wonder what these poor kids joints are going to be like in old age should they be lucky enough to live that long!
on 4 September 2015
this is really good but i was not kin on it and not as good as the 1 st one but i think it is worth having if you like it very much