on 24 April 2012
I judge investment books (actually, all non-fiction books) mainly by incremental knowledge per unit time. How much do I learn from the book, and how long does it take me to read? I don't necessarily want a book to be long, but I want it to have a high "density" of ideas. This slim volume from the Stockopedia team satisfies this criterion. It succinctly reminded me of lot of what I already know, and told me a few things that I didn't: Graham net-nets, Greenblatt Magic Formula, Piotroski F-Score, Altman Z-Score, Beneish M-Score. Montier C-Score.

And best of all, it took only an hour or two to read. I found it well worth the time.
on 10 April 2014
It's only small - it's available free from Stockopedia but I couldn't it to load on my Kindle. Having read twice now, it's probably one of the best books on investment I've read. No waffle, no flannel no attempt to make 50 pages of information into 377 as has James Montier in "Value Investing." I can highly recommend it, even if you're not a Stockopedia subscriber. For subscribers, it's a must read. I can't wait to try a few of it's suggestions out.
on 14 December 2014
This book is good to learn about Ratios and different strategies but that's it. It won't teach you how to invest. The disappointment for me was the chapter on how to calculate a company's value every page was full of written paragraphs and less examples of calculated formulas the only formula they had was at the end of the chapter with no good explanation. This book is designed to steer you to the Stockopedia website.
on 5 November 2014
A well written, easy to follow, if not to action, book with lots of useful references for further study. Excellent.
on 15 December 2015
very pleased with this book