on 2 June 2015
As a current resident of Nottingham and someone who has a working interest in the criminal side of the city, I had been recommended this book by colleagues. Perhaps I was naive but I had no idea of the real extent of the issue. Although I could say something about the standard of editing, it was an eye opener.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2013
This book shows how easily gangs can take over an Estate by using and paying youths to do there bidding. Shows parents what to watch out for but best of all shows how once they fall the motto "never Grass" goes out the window. When push comes to shove there is NO honour amoung thieves. These people only get power by being nasty bullies but it shows too that they DO get caught in the end. Now they are just criminals behind bars and I bet they would give everything they had to be FREE. The world is a safer place without Thugs like this. Great Book WELL written by Carl Fellstrom
3 people found this helpful
on 11 August 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Mentioned this to someone at work and he thought i was joking that these things happen in real life in this country! yes it is real life that has a massive degree of sadness for the majority of the people involved. From the extremely greedy to the extremely desperate individuals who get mixed up in this dangerous world. The sadness is noy for them but the innocent people it affects!
on 12 October 2017
Real world revelations, illuminating the shady corners of communities, crimes and coppers. Got more gripping with each turn of the page. Fellstrom has full command of his research, narrative, and hence the reade, from a few pages in, where was necessary to sketch out the territory...
on 1 June 2018
I really enjoyed this book particularly the areas of Nottingham that I know well my grandmother lived on teviot road. I would definitely recommend this book
on 28 September 2012
I felt compelled to read this book for two reasons:
1) I grew up in Nottingham
2) I remember one of the events described occurring in my neighbourhood.
Perhaps this makes me biased but nonetheless, I thought the author provided an insightful account of how that event linked into Nottingham's gangland culture. It also made me realise how blissfully unaware I was about the scale of these events and the corruption occurring at the time. Definitely an eye-opening read and a frighteningly detailed and informative account of what can really happen on our streets.
on 20 April 2018
Very interesting book especially if you are from the Nottingham area.
on 21 August 2016
Great read well recommended...and some names I know of as I spent my teens in good old Newark....a real eye opener.
on 9 November 2012
I found this a very gripping and balanced book that i could not put down. I'm a relatively slow reader and have been know to have a book on the bedside table for over a year. This one on my kindle was pollished off in three days! Well researched with details that ring true to a local girl.
on 12 December 2016