Customer reviews

on 15 December 2012
I bought this product earlier this year. After a few weeks it stopped working because of a power problem. I contacted Audyssey and they ask me to return the product. They sent me out a new one and guess what, 4 months later it stopped working again. The problem? No power! I see from other reviewers that this is a common problem. Do not but this product until Audyssey confirm they have sorted out the problem. Apart from that, when it did work, the Dock was pretty ok. Audio quality was average at best and not worth the money, in my view.
on 12 October 2012
I bought this speaker as it was rated very highly in reviews and indeed once I had set it up (which was not the easiest process in the world......) it worked and sounded just fine. However, 31 days later (i.e 1 day outside of the returns policy) it just stopped working. The power light flickers briefly from time to time as if signalling to me that it has no intention of ever working again. It is currently an extremely expensive flickering light as despite e-mailing the manufacturers and calling their UK support number I have not yet been able to contact anyone to arrange a repair or replacement (or refund if possible). I would avoid this product. Shoddy build, complicated set up and non existent support. It sounded OK when it worked but at approximately £2.99 per song played, it's a very expensive way to listen to music......
on 14 March 2013
Bought this after initial good reviews here on amazon but sadly the product didn't deliver.
Often wouldn't connect to my devices despite being set up correctly (occasionally would work).
Had to go through the whole set up process just to get the airplay symbol on the few occasions it did work.
Very unimpressed.
on 27 June 2012
After spending ages deciding which AirPlay speaker to buy having read numerous reviews/articles I opted for the Audyssey. Seemed to get great reviews especially where sound quality was involved. Loved the subtle, unfussy look of the device compared to many others. My only concern was that some reviews had suggested there was a problem with AirPlay connection issues and that if this was resolved it would be top class device. Well I can gladly say that since using this I have had no issues. Only time it stops is if microwave is on and unfortunately I have to have mine right next to the microwave as best location for it. I have heard this can disrupt AirPlay but am sure that unless it's right next to one it shouldn't be a problem.

Overall, I am really satisfied with the speaker. Sound is so good. Build quality is great. A really solid, heavy feel reassuring you that it is a quality device. Highly recommended.
on 8 January 2013
I ordered this after reading plenty of good reviews. ( since then, ratings have dropped dramatically )
the 1st one sent wouldnt switch on at all, this was replaced very quickly by Amazon.
the second one worked O.K for a few weeks then stopped, both faults were power problems. I contacted Audyssey tech department who promised me a call back within 24 hrs, no call ever came, after 2 more calls, and each time being promised i wouldnt be let down again, i finally received an email after 18 days, in which time i had returned it to amazon for a full refund and purchased another similar product from a different manufacturer, far superior piece of kit.
Thankfully Amazon customer services know how to treat their customers.
on 14 July 2012
After reading a number of reviews and comparing various airplay speakers I decided to go for the Audyssey; unfortunately, I never had the chance to test the sound quality! After plugging it in, all that happened was a green LED flashed for ten seconds (indicating it was booting up), stopped flashing, made a loud crackling sound and start flashing again. It just continued around this loop until it was unplugged. You would have hoped that there was some quality control in the Audyssey factory to at least check the product turns on correctly before shipping it out! I have now sent it back for a refund and will be looking for an alternative airplay speakers, which is a real shame, as it looked good on the shelf!