on 29 September 2013
I use 2 of these in Raid 0 with a fast smaller SDD as Intel Cache and IMO its overall faster in "REAL LIFE USAGE" then simply running the SDD as SSD's are not fast for all types of files types/sizes and compresses vs uncompressed files.

Mech HDD's still have a faster Sequential write speed for certain file sizes.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2013
faster than a 7,200 SATA drive, which is what you would expect. My only gripe is that it can be a little noisey. But overall, I would say good value for money and I certainly would recommend it.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2017
Great hardrive.
on 5 January 2014
Faster than my 5yr old 150Gb Velociraptor but much noisier, hence only 4 stars. If you don't mind the extra noise, it's a great drive.
on 24 June 2013
I never thought I'd own a Raptor, I'm a bit wary of SSD so I went for WD raptor, fast, good capacity 500 gig what more can I say apart from I'm stunned
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 March 2014
With the price of SSD's coming down don't bother with this Drive. Perhaps I am unlucky but my Velociraptor was very noisy, more so than a five year old hard drive I own. For £100 you could do better!
One person found this helpful
on 2 November 2015
Recommended
on 8 October 2014
Good Fast Drive!

Very loud but at that speed it is expected!
on 4 July 2014
Was told these drives are fast, but loud. Can hardly hear the thing in my case and it is fast. On par I think with my ssd. Going to save and buy a one ter one.
on 31 December 2014
Good fast hard drive for money