Format: DVD|Change

on 30 May 2017
I suppose I just found this film rather disapointing and irritating. One protagonist was sulky and spoilt, both seemed incredibly self centred and childish, and their relationship indulgent and unrealistic. The reaction of presumably longterm lesbian partner of one of the women was unreal. On the other hand my wife said she'd seen far worse and the cinematography was fairly beautiful but still, just annoying silly girls really.
on 22 May 2017
I quite enjoyed this movie- noticed how much the characters drank and smoked there way through their lives though!
Both leads looked like they were actually having sex with each other, which makes a change from some lesbian movies.
on 18 April 2017
its shows lesbian love at best and natural.
on 24 May 2017
I really enjoyed this movie. For its genre it's one of the best I have seen . Some magical moments
on 17 June 2017
amazing!
on 28 July 2012
One of the best lesbian films I have ever seen, don't want to spoil it, so won't say what happens but the two ladies sizzle with chemistry and the Swedish accent is so cute don't let subs put you off, a fab movie with a good soundtrack, a must see for anyone like me who has sat through a lot of truly awful lesbian movies!! :)
on 21 July 2016
I have been going back to Amazon’s ‘Carol’ page to read the new customer reviews - I came across ‘Kiss Me’ in the recommendations and I’m so glad that I did. Like ‘Carol’, this wonderful Swedish film is achingly romantic and passionate. Other similarities include the strength of the acting and the obvious chemistry between the two, so beautiful leads. The imagery is a delight: a kiss underwater during a night-time swim, Mia awake and reflective while Frida sleeps beside her, Sweden & Denmark in late summer.

‘Kiss Me’ does however have a different style & feel: few would argue that post-millennium Sweden is a more tolerant society than 1950’s America, so Mia & Frida can kiss in the street. Still, like Carol & Therese, they have to make their choices and it is this that drives the emotion of the film. It is a measure of the charm and maturity of this film that, as it progressed, I started to really care what happened to Mia & Frida.

I would like to mention Marc Collin’s superb soundtrack, a perfect fit for the story. Katrine Ottosen’s gentle, chillout pop song ‘Dreaming My Life’ is the background music at the engagement party, while the opening bars of the acoustic guitar in Jose Gonzalez’s ‘Lovestain’ take me straight back to the second, spine-tingling love scene. One final similarity with ‘Carol’ for you: while ‘Kiss Me’ is a lesbian love story, more fundamentally it's a love story and should appeal to pretty much anyone with a romantic heartbeat. I can’t recommend this warm, beautiful and well-judged romance highly enough.

[‘With Every Heartbeat’ was/is the title of the US release].
on 30 September 2014
Wow, perhaps it was because I had no expectations but this is one which just grabbed me - I have simply no idea why - let's put it this way - i watched it over and over again day and day - ok for 3 days but this is a busy time for me... I'm unsure whether it was the simply deceptive but insightful look into relationships and the 'crossing over' or the fact it shows true insight of 'wanting to run away to have the life you truly want'..
Love the amazing actors and actresses. I guess this rings really true to home for those I know and how I felt at one stage in life :)
Enjoy if you decided to buy this!!
Dislikes - ZILCH to dislike
on 31 August 2012
I really loved this movie. Scandinavian cinema is not ordinary one. A movie is about very down to earth story. Characters almost realistic and this story may happen to everyone. The OST is very nice for your ears. I really recommend this movie to buy and watch. I have already seen this movie twice...!!!
on 11 June 2012
Finally a realistic lesbian movie with great acting and directing. A really sweet and romantic story. A very recommendable movie!! (watched it twice:)
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse