TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 February 2014
This is a really VFM package; Four of out of Woody’s top seven ‘grossing films. Perhaps the film quality isn’t brilliant in places but that won’t hinder your enjoyment. The films span from 1972 to 1986. Next year will be Woody’s 50th of filmmaking, script writing and acting.
My preference and ratings are as follows; I’ve also written separate reviews on each.
1) Manhattan ******
2) Hannah and Her Sisters ****
3) Annie Hall ****
4) Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex ***
on 26 February 2014
We could not watch "Annie Hall" until the end as we had forgotten just how much whining Woody Allen can do. It has become an irritant - I cannot explain why it was not previously but that was a long time ago. Now I also find that him pairing himself with all these attractive women is a bit egotistical as he is not "punching at the same weight" - to be blunt. It just did not ring true that the heroines would be involved with him.
We were disappointed as both of us remembered these films with affection - as I suppose a lot of people do. I did really enjoy "Midnight In Paris" (not in this set) but then Woody kept himself out of that one......
on 31 December 2012
What can I say! 4 Woody Allen films for £10 - and they are an excellent selection of films from the possible choices.
on 29 December 2015
My wife was very pleased with this film collection
on 29 June 2014
made a great gift for a woody allen fan
on 3 July 2014
All the best films in one collection.
on 10 October 2014
Excellent value and service
on 8 January 2016
A film worth watching
on 15 September 2013
Very pleased to get these 4 classics in a boxed set as they are worth watching time and again. Most dvd's are put up for sale straight after watching but these will remain part of our permanent collection.
on 3 April 2016
item arrived on time intact and was reasonably priced