on 7 December 2015
These made a massive improvement to my fender stratocaster's tuning. I can now go pretty mental with the tremolo bar and it will remain in tune, whereas previously it would go WAY out if I so much as breathed on it.

The screws supplied with the string trees were a bit short, but Northwest Guitars kindly sent me slightly longer screws. Top notch service.

Originally I was a bit put off these string trees because they were so much taller than the ones originally fitted to my strat, but this was absolutely ok. In fact, the break angle of the strings over the nut was much shallower and more consistent with the break angle of the A and E strings (those are the strings that don't go through the string tree). I have attached a side view photo that demonstrates this. This makes a lot of sense.

Overall, highly recommended. Just fit them!
review imagereview image
on 11 April 2017
I gave a four star rating because of the long delivery time, had I any notion they were coming from Holland to the UK I would have ordered from somewhere closer. That said they were very easy to fit ( 10 minutes ) and they work really well. They do look larger than life on the guitar now fitted but given that the bat wing ones kept snagging the strings on my Strat when I used the whammy bar making it go out of tune every single time I used it it is easy to overlook that. They roll really well with the bar action and let the strings return to their set position. Would buy again but for the wait..
on 27 April 2017
I wanted them for my Thin Line Telecaster I knew that they would make The strings to high so I filed down the base of the guides. Job done perfect fit
on 14 November 2017
product was OK but I preferred another for functionality.
on 24 April 2017
GREAT
on 26 March 2015
now it looks like its been finished correctly instead of a piece of bent metal holding the strings down classy..cheap fix..
on 28 May 2016
Simple upgrade to my strat and made so much difference
on 11 January 2014
Again, a cheap but vast improvement over the awful trees fitted originally. The rollers are smooth and quiet and assist whammy bar use in helping to keep guitar in tune and strings not catching as they did on the old ones. Dead easy to fit too. Northwest are indeed a great firm to do biz with on price, delivery times and after sales advice and encouragement for the budding Guitar God!
on 19 May 2013
These are a really nice product, and are far better than the standard trees fitted on a lot of guitars. They also sit higher than the standard bent-metal ones, meaning less stress on the highest two strings. The rollers are nice and smooth, for friction-free tension. All you need is a tiny screwdriver. Nice. Recommended.
on 8 March 2014
These string trees are about £4-5 cheaper than the 'big name' brands; the casting may not be mirror perfect, but the finish is perfectly acceptable.

Worthy of special mention is the superb customer service from Northwest Guitars: even standard delivery sees the order safely arriving two days after placing an order and well packaged.

As always with the guitar, you can spend a small fortune with big brand products or make acceptable modifications to your guitar with products like these.

I have a custom shop Stratocaster and a Vintage V 52, on the latter the first and second strings became tuneful for the first time since buying the guitar.

To the reviewer talking about raising the guitar strings too high, I mean no disrespect, but you do know that the strings pass below rather than over the trees don't you? String trees are all but pointless if the guitar is strong properly, so I think I would have removed the tree completely, rather than messing with the action or relief!