Customer reviews

Birlea Ottoman 4ft Small Double Faux-Leather Storage Bed, Black
Colour: Black|Size: Small Double (120 x 190 cm)|Change
Price:£248.95+ Free shipping

on 28 July 2012
Bought this bed for my teenage son and couldn't recommend it highly enough! Speedy delivery and i am no d.i.y expert but found it easy to construct with straight forward instructions. At one point i thought the pneumatic levers were faulty, emailed the seller and he rang me back instantly,they reassured me they were fine just needed to apply a lot of pressure a first, i was just being blond!!!They provided excellent customer service, best i have ever received! The quality of the bed for the price is unbelievable and the storage underneath is amazing and so easy to lift up. My family are so impressed that both my mum and sister have now ordered one. Trust me, if you need extra storage you should seriously consider getting this bed.
12 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2012
When my bed arrived at first look some of it appered to be missing but after a telephone call from Beds and Mattress World,
I found the rest in the headboard of the bed.
I must say that I am very pleased with the bed and found it very easy to put together about 1hr + 30mins.
I found Beds and Mattress World very helpful with this and surgust they put some information on the Headboard that parts are to be found behind the zipped panel
14 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 August 2012
Bed itself is good looking and very practical. We love space underneath of it and it does look like it cost more than it actually does.
The only issue we have is a noise coming from wooden slats that are attatched to the metal frame by plastic clips.
When person rolls on the bed it makes a bit of noise. It would have been better if manufacturer thought of perhaps having those slats secured on the metal frame by bolts/screws instead of plastic clips that are loose.
Apart from that, we are pretty pleased with the product.
11 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2014
This bed arrived promptly and is just awesome. Took a few hours to erect, which I didn't think was too bad given I did it on my own. Looks expensive and storage space is brilliant. Only gripe is no base but I knew that when I ordered it. And for the money really can't complain. Small double with the storage works a treat in my small flat. Double duvet on top looks great too. Thumbs up from me.
on 7 April 2013
The bed is of good quality and was easy to put together with a little time and effort, however the piston action will not work, despite many attempts by a few people to fix it. I am still able to use it as a storage bed though, with a little manoeuvring.
Guests have used the bed and report that it is comfortable.
on 26 February 2013
quite sturdy frame for the price/ The item arrived on time and it took about two hours to built it. There is a lot of space underneath.
Although there is cover for the dust but i think it is not enough. The frame should have a proper card board back cover so that you could put all your stuff safely instead of putting them in the boxes.
on 18 January 2013
Lovely bed, looks fab, and more expensive than what it was. Loads of room underneath for storage, nicely tucked away, beware though depending on weight of mattress could result in being quite heavy to lift.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 September 2012
Excellent value for money. Came flat pack with very clear instructions making it easy to assemble. Storage is excellent and finished look is superb. Bought it for my daughter and she loves it.
7 people found this helpful
on 3 June 2013
Bought for teenager in the house - had already purchased similar bed for eldest!
Arrived promptly and said teen was able to literally 'make his own bed' without much effort!
Only thing I will say is the slats on the base are rather thin and one has snapped where it was directly leant on - no good then for a 'large' person!
on 4 January 2013
Very impressed with the "value for money" this bed has provided.
It was no problem for me to construct this bed though I think some may struggle a little however the results are worth the effort.
Delivery before Christmas was excellent and very prompt.