on 19 September 2013
I've to deal with extremely aggressive mould. This is proving to be effective in containing it. Less heavily attacked parts seem to be definitely solved after 3-4 applications. The worst spots still require to be repainted but at increasing intervals.
Smell is low to absent after a few hours.
on 18 November 2014
Excellent product. Does exactly what is says on the tin. Securely dispatched. I would recommend using 2 coats as recommended on the tin. Use a high quality brush to apply to the edges and corners and a high quality roller for the other areas for the best coverage.
on 29 November 2013
You would think somebody at Amazon would have realised by now that the product description is for the wrong colour!
I bought this a year ago because we have black mould problems in our bathroom.
We employed a professional decorator to apply it to our bathroom and kitchen ceilings (along with other decorative work).
His comment was that it was a bit sticky to work with and much easier to apply by brush than by roller; the downside is that the brush marks tend to show, especially as it is white paint (WHITE paint, got that Amazon?).
However one year later there is no mould on our bathroom ceiling. We do have black mould alongside it growing on ICI's special expensive bathroom paint on the wall!
So full marks to Ronseal and none to ICI/Nobel (yet another former Great British company down the pan after being sold to foreigners!).
on 7 May 2013
This went on so well, the mould was really bad and it covered it with just one coat highly recommended
on 26 April 2014
Having a bathroom without a window obviously causes problems with mold, so we bought this for the ceiling . Followed the instructions to the letter and have had no problems since.
Unfortunately I won't be using Amazon again for my next purchase due to them removing the free delivery for orders over £25.00 to Europe. Such a shame as I only ever shopped with Amazon.
on 1 March 2013
Tried so many other items over th years(cheaper) so I bit the bullet, n got this one, its true folks! You get what you pay for! Brill. No mould! Finally!
Easy to apply. A little trick - if you use paint pads (which I recommend) don't put the paint in a tray then dip the pads into it, keep the paint in the pot then use a brush to spread the paint evenly on the middle of the paint pad. This avoids the gloopy drips off the edge which happen if you dib direct into a paint tray.
We had terrible black mould that would not totally go. After one coat the mould was largely covered (you obviously need to try to clean the mould as much as possible in advance with a weak bleach) - this paint dries fairly quickly - and then a second coat covered perfectly.
If you have mould on tile grout, you can also use this paint. Use masking tape (first for horizontals) and then use a small paintbrush (I used a kiddies set) to cover the grout without painting the tiles - 2 coats is best - then do the same on the verticals. All grouting pens which I first tried were totally useless and in any case were not anti-mould.
This paint is a most excellent product. Works on wood, works on plaster, works on grout. Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.
on 24 June 2014
Painted our bedroom one outside wall being the worse. Painted on fine.
We didnt have terrible mould it was bad in corners and mild spot mould spreading with the bad wet weather we have had.
I wanted to tackle it before it got bad.
One tin did our bedroom 4mx3.5m roughly
Only recently painted so not sure how it is with time but planning on getting some more to do the hallway.
on 1 February 2014
so far so good, silk emulsion easy to apply, no nasty smells and quick to dry, supposed to last for 6 years but only time will tell, yes I would recommend it to a friend.
on 13 July 2014
Good value and did a good job no more mould.