on 25 April 2017
Title Building book for Kindle
Published by Amazon Kindle

This book was engaging as it is full of many good ideas and detailed information about turning the manuscript into Kindle format. I found this book absorbing and informative upon the matter as if broke the procedural mechanisms down into easy to follow chapters. Given the style of the book, this is factual how to do which like many others is full of interesting and helpful advice I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with the process of turning their efforts into Kindle
on 14 May 2014
Well written concise book to describe how to format your word manuscript to be accepted by Amazon for conversion to the kindle format for self publishing. The only reason it lost a star is that nowhere could I find the instructions that the body of the text had to be justified. I was taught to left align for novels and had many, MANY frustrating emails from Amazon saying my first book did not meet their formatting guidelines with the simple - do not use forced justification. When I was at the point of pulling my hair out someone finally put in plain English justify your text, don't left align and voila.
on 16 June 2016
This step by step guide actually teaches you how to use Word properly so that the book's texts format correctly on a Kindle. Worth knowing in advance. Only complaint is it mentions that the cover jpg will be added at the publishing moment, but doesn't give any instruction on how to upload it?
Amazon have already given us Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing, and now they are giving us another book on the process. I personally have no plans to publish anything, so don't worry, you won't suddenly find books appearing from me everywhere you look. I downloaded the first book out of curiosity, and I downloaded this one as I emailed the link to someone else who is thinking of publishing, and I decided that I wanted to see what this was like.

There were some critical reviews for the other book, so I would just like to make something clear, like that book, this isn't a guide on how to write a book, it is a guide on publishing on the Kindle format. This book has an active table of contents so you can easily go back and forth about things that you may not be clear about. The actual guidelines in here are for Microsoft Word 2010, so if you are using an older version of Word there may be slight differences. From formatting correctly to making a cover, copyright page, etc., to putting in the actual text of the book, you are told how it is done here. This tells you how to create a table of contents, which for a novel I wouldn't really say was that necessary, but if you are publishing a collection or anthology of short stories, it is something that is very useful.

You get all this information and how you need to fill out the on-line form so that your book will appear in the correct section. After all you don't want to write a horror novel, only for it to appear in knitting patterns or some such section. Importantly this also tells you about downloading and using Kindle Previewer, which apparently gives you a chance to check your work on all the different kindle devices. Perhaps the most important section for some will be about how to update your book, or having to make alterations at a later date. For whatever reason this may be, this is something that has to be done from time to time, whether it is due to a poorly edited book, or some political book where newer information may from time to time appear.

I would advise anyone thinking of publishing on the kindle to get this book as well as Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing to see how it is done. Good luck to those who do publish something.
55 Comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2015
On the whole...useful and easy to follow...my book is up!
Perhaps there could be an easier step to preview before publishing.
on 7 March 2017
Helpfull.
on 21 February 2014
A fantastic guide to help you along the way and break down any fear you might have that you won't understand tech talk. I would recommend this for all newbies such as myself!
on 29 September 2015
Its like having a mentor on your side. Great support, fast responses to queries.
on 1 March 2014
A very useful guide, made more invaluable by being able to print off a copy for easy reference. A pity that we had to ask for a link to enable printing, but well worth the effort.
on 10 November 2014
I found the book so easy to understand. The step by step guide was very helpful. A must for authors old and new.