on 6 May 2014
Level for assessing this book: I have no prior programming or designing experience. I only made a "personal web page" around 15-17 years ago, using Microsoft Word, without noticing any code.

In my view this is a very good book, although it could have been better. At times it is not quite clear what the author means, so the reader must figure it out him/her-self by exclusion (at least that's how it was for me). Mostly the book gives good instruction with clear explanations and a good project to work on. The only problem is that after Microsoft make Expression Web free of charge, it is no longer easy to find the download page for the project the reader is supposed to follow while going through the book. And the project in the book and in the download is not exactly the same (the "myCamera.html" page is not there, instead a "myDesk.html" with different pictures and backgrounds). I would still recommend readers to download the project because it then becomes easier to learn and understand Expression Web. I now have a clear understanding of large parts of Expression Web 4.0 SP2, can read and use HTML and CSS code, and I was happy to learn about the programs ability to create and use Dynamic Web Templates.
on 16 May 2015
Save your money. A selling point of this offer is the worked examples available on the web for for download. However, the published link http://expression.pinkand.yellow.com re-directs you to http://mor10.github.io where the author now says this:-

". . . Expression Web was a great product and one I believed in. Unfortunately Microsoft decided to discontinue the development of the application and as a result it has quickly lost its luster and will likely go the way of the dodo shortly. As it stands I cannot recommend investing time and effort in learning to use the application. You time is better spent learning to use more modern applications and Content Management Systems . . ."

Says it all really. If the author no longer believes in "investing time and effort" in an obsolete product then what is the point of also investing money in what is now a dodo of a book? I for one regret having done so.
on 8 February 2014
The book could be very good, but it asks you to download a sample site from a web site which has been closed. It then every few pages refers to this site to illustrate points.
I am coping because I have written HTML code since the late 1990's and used Dreamweaver. But I would urge you if you do not have similar experience not to purchase a book which is only partly there!!
I have emailed the author to ask him to put the site back up, but it remains to see if he bothers.
on 6 January 2013
The twenty four hour concept a good idea, It is Easy to follow and there is great back up on line.
on 7 December 2012
Cons
Too much time spent on explaining basic things as well as irrelevant stuff
You really need to know CSS to benefit from any of the explanations about the CSS markup used in the examples since no detailed explanations are given why, say, a margin of 10px or height of 35px is needed
Was expecting a detailed explanation of CSS Layouts (ie, 2/3 columns layout) since building web pages from the ground up (re-inventing the wheel) is not required
Not having the code used in each 'hour' printed out somewhere on the book for all the 'hours' is unhelpful

Pros:
The organisation of the book into hours as chapters is really neat with summaries/quizzes
The inclusion of PHP is a real bonus
on 9 December 2014
It's good. Showed me what I needed to know in simple language and was fairly easy to follow. The files you have to download from the internet were a great learning aid.
on 9 January 2014
Excellent reading, and instructions for updating a website to modern standards. The book covers the instructions for the beginner to the complex web site builder.
on 19 December 2015
Not all files are supplied which you need for this book. The files that you have do not match the chapter in the book. I did not find this book very helpful.
on 11 March 2014
A very good book wekll written taking me through all the basics to the more advanced stuff. As usual Amazons service left me nothing to criticise.