on 4 December 2016
I would recommend this book to any reader. It was heart-rending & humbling. I cried at the position most of these people are in, a lot of the time through circumstances that have befallen them. It made me grateful for all I have & have had throughout my life. I cannot even begin to imagine how desperate these people are & my heart aches for them. I admire the people who go out of their way to assist the homeless with no thanks expected or required. They are indeed all angels.
on 13 February 2014
To really appreciate this book the reader must first read His Bright Light about Danielle's battle to get her son Nick diagnosed and prescribed correctly.After finally getting there Nick took his own life at 19 and Danielle spent 11 years distributing food,clothes and teddy bears(yes) to the homeless who lived on the street with her band of helpers.It was a secret till this book came out and reveals what a marvellous woman Danielle Steel is .All DS fans should read this book - I guarantee there will be tears like when grown men hugged their teddy bears and gave them names.
on 11 January 2018
This is the most unbelievable book I have ever read and to know it is true makes it more so
DaNielle Steele I would like to say thank you so much for sharing this story and I am so sorry about your son I am sure you are a wonderful mother to the rest of your family
Joan Hall
on 25 January 2014
I taught it was a great book to read. Danielle is a wonderful and great woman to do what she and her colleagues done for 11yrs. I know I couldn't do it. I would want to bring them all home with me. it angers me that in this time , our governments and society allows this to continue. it is in every country in the world. but what is frightening to me today is that we are asked as and from February to bring unpredictable foods to mass with us as people in. our own community have nothing to eat, these people are not homeless. they cannot make ends meet with the government taxing us middle and low income on everything. those who are wealthy stay wealthy.
on 28 October 2013
this book is excellent, i think it gives us an insight into people that are on the street and how they cope. I was very surprised at how the authourites handle them and think they should be more understanding and helpful. some of these people have fell on hard times and i m sure it is not their choosing to be on the streets. danielle Stell is a brilliant authour and she has done a good job of helping these people, pity their isn;t more like her.
on 25 September 2016
I found this book truly moving. As I help a homeless charity in my own local area, the details and stories in this book were more than thought provoking and offered me real inspiration.
on 10 January 2018
enjoyed reading I like the author/
on 29 March 2018
Love this book
on 13 April 2018
Great read
on 7 March 2018
Makes you think twice before passing people in doorways , what a wonderful and brave thing Daniel Steel and team set out to do