on 19 September 2012
After having considered tablets etc due to my husband's ill health he is extremely pleased with this great value for money big screen laptop. Of course it's a little heavier and bulkier as laptops go but it is very smart performs well and am sure it will last for some years, exactly suitable for him as he cant sit at a desktop and he even gets on with the touchpad which at aged 73 is quite a feat for him and he can watch his DVDs too. Well done Samsung!
33 Comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2012
beautiful machine! large crystal clear screen and features which I did not know existed on a laptop. A huge improvement on my 7 year old Acer.
on 16 October 2012
I bought this for my teenage son and he is really happy with it.Would recommend. It is fast and he loves the bigger screen for watching movies etc. Really well priced also.
on 24 April 2013
Purchased to replace a Windows Vista machine for an elderly relative. I knew she could not copewith Windows 8 and tracking one of these was nearly impossible! Set up12 of these machines at my workplace so I knew they were reliable. Large screen and not tooheavy. Good battery life. You can get better graphics but ideal for her needs. Arrived quickly and well packed.
on 10 December 2013
Everything about this is perfect, I wanted the 17.3" screen as I watch a lot of DVD's and this is brilliant, sound and picture is awesome. No doubt this model is obsolete now, but anything similar must be good!
on 25 July 2014
I bought it for my parents, so it gets handled with kid gloves and within 12 months the hard drive failed. New one fitted, also failed. Going to sell and buy something reliable. Total waste of time and money
on 17 March 2013
I find it slightly more complex to use than my old one, but am getting there.
Nice size. Easy to transport from place to place.
Large screen very helpful.
on 2 December 2012
Very quick booting with 6 meg ram, easy to read 17 " screen, beautiful HD Quality & fast wifi connectivity, had it a few months now haven't found any cons yet
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2013
Very good Laptop. Was chosen for its price and memory capacity. It has proved to have been a great purchase.
on 12 February 2013
I bought this laptop in December, after three months it is considered completely broken. After I put it into charge it went up in flames and I pulled the charger out, which lead to me burning my fingure. I dont know if this is a random faulty or samsung build quality. They firstly said it would be fixed and then informed me 10 minutes later that It was my fault and I will have to pay 300 for repairs. i would not recommend this company at all. The customer service was shocking and the laptop has several issues.

See one answered question