on 22 January 2013
I have to admit I was somewhat sceptical about whether this light would be any good when it only cost £16.99.

However. I've place the light above my front door and the motion sensor covers a sensible area and the brightness is perfectly adequate to allow us to see our keys and get into the house.

Of course it's never going to be as bright as a powerful wired light, but all things considered I'm really very impressed.
on 24 November 2012
I was very pleased indeed with this light which did everything it should and was well made and easy to fit. However, the reason for only four stars is that up here in the cold north of central Scotland, there isn't now enough daylight or sun to keep it charged so it sulks until spring! For anyone a lot further south it should be perfect and I will simply have to find a short term solution until then.
on 8 November 2013
Nice light to see paths and pitfalls.
I was skeptical about the motion sensor and power when I purchased this, but both are very satisfactory
on 14 April 2014
Have one of these already so bought another as they are good although this from a different source.

Left it in full sun for two full days and still didn't work.shame as the other one I have is good.

Have sent back for either replacement or refund.
on 10 June 2014
Purchased for the side of the house where the Rabbit hutch is kept, very dark area that needed some lighting. The Lights stay on a low light until you approach and then a brighter light comes on with the motion. They are excellent for the my purpose. I would also recommend for the garden just as lighting for evening BBQ's while its bright enough, its not as blinding as a security light.
on 20 February 2013
It is a pity that this unit has a half light on from dusk to dawn as it would last much longer on cloudy days.
That said it has down what I wanted it to, put a light over a back gate to far away for a mains powered unit.
Recommended.
on 19 December 2013
the light is perfect over the back door and end of the building easy to fix and great light bright
on 10 December 2013
Bought this to replace an energy-guzzling halogen lamp that was really too bright to light the back garden when we let the dogs out. This light is very small and easy to install, requiring two screws to attach it to the wall. It's not very heavy so once fixed it should stay put.

In use it emits a soft glow at all times once it gets dark, which is unexpected if you haven't read the reviews for it! There's no way to disable this function unfortunately. When it detects movement, the light gets brighter but it's pretty dim. Good enough for dark nights, but you won't be reading under it that's for sure.

The main problem I have with it is that the battery doesn't seem to last very long, especially in this weather when there isn't that much sunlight to charge it during the day. As a result, don't expect it to work in winter really.
on 7 August 2013
The item arrived well on time with easy to read instructions.
It is now "up & running" so to speak, Very impressed so far
with the performance, and no worries about replacing batteries!
Highly recommended. Exellent value for money.
on 17 May 2014
Arrived quickly, well packaged. Easy to fit. Make sure you read the instructions as there is something you press/poke to activate initially (I can't remember exactly now as I never write reviews until a few months after purchase.

No wiring required, up in minutes works really well

See one answered question