Customer reviews

The Black Chord
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.94

on 16 May 2018
Only found out about Astra few days before, i really glad i found out about Astra.
I bought both The Weirding and The Black Chord together but got The Black Chord first.
The Black Chord is a great listen, it has all the space rock sound though more modern in sound and new prog.
Well worth buying, great listen from start to finish BUY NOW.
on 14 April 2018
Fantastic: Camel, Hawkwind and Pink Floyd albums clearly featured in their Dads's record collections.
on 22 July 2012
I bought the first Astra album The Weirding in 2010 following wonderful reviews in Classic Rock Presents Prog.At the time I thought it ok but far from the classic they hinted at.However when a friend played me The Black Chord blind a few weeks ago I was instantly hooked.This is truly the first time that I have heard an american rock band in any period make progressive rock which sounds as if it is straight from the British mould of 1971.The quality of the music is terrific throughout with brilliant heavy instrumental passages using old style analogue sounds and instruments.The music is never a pastiche of classic prog but it is definitely in homage and I cannot recommend it enough to fans of this type of music.
on 25 September 2012
I still don't remember how I got to know Astra, but I'm glad I did! It's been a long time since I heard a recent band play Progressive Rock like they were in the 70's! "The Black Chord" is an album that starts incredibly good with the song "Cocoon" and its fantastic riff that plays in my head all the time, the album is never a let down ending with "Barefoot In The Head" wich is one of my favourite songs of the album. I hope this band keeps giving great albums like this one and "The Weirding". And please continue to use that awesome Mellotron! In Prog We Trust!!! Waiting to see them live!
on 13 January 2016
My husband and I love Music night Very entertaining and well worth the cost (more than resonable).
on 12 November 2016
TURN IT UP. LOVE IT
on 14 November 2013
These boys have studied fragile, argus, DSOTM and octopus to good effect.

Accomplished, anglophile and convincing - give it a go!
on 2 June 2013
just te vinyl that i was looking for! amazing and with a very good price!
in italy i couldnt find it for this price.... thanks amazon as usual
on 6 March 2016
Super
on 11 July 2012
Another superb album from the new masters of prog. This second collection takes us to places familiar from the previous "The Weirding", but with a different tone and pulse. Can't wait for a third ....