on 19 March 2017
Interesting look at perception verses reality and the effects on your drawing.

I have Betty Edwards' book and this is on similar lines. Using them, my drawing is improving. (I'm still not good).

Its an A5 format. I wish it was larger.
on 10 September 2017
Good book on drawing.
on 15 March 2014
I have wanted to draw properly all my life, but have never progressed beyond an 8 year old's ability. This book explains how to 'see' like an artist and guides you through exercises which are a revelation.

I find I can draw, but don't have the patience... there has to be a book there!
on 30 April 2017
Did not meet my expectations. It was not what I was actually looking for. It's too technical.
on 23 February 2016
This book seems to have a lot of techniques, tips and exercises to help me take my attempts at drawing like 10 year old to the next stage.
It aims to do what it says - help develop the ability to draw what you see, rather than some distorted reality. It requires some work to benefit from it, but I am beginning to see the difference in what I try to draw.
Probably not a lot of use for those entering a "Cubist period"
on 25 May 2017
If you want to destroy your soul and give up all aspirations to draw a decent picture, then buy this book now.
This book is only about 120 pages or so, yet she spends the first third of the book telling you in quasi academic terms why we can't draw. She didn't need to tell us all that. Teach us to draw from page one instead and encourage us to keep trying. Take it bit by bit, hold our hands and we will learn.
Do you remember all those clever clogs in the classroom at school, who put their hand in the air, who always knew the right answers and then smirked smugly around and about at the rest of us dumb gits? It feels like that. No. This smacks of a dissertation directed at a university exam board in the hope of gaining a few fancy letters after her name.
If you want to learn to draw and paint, I'm convinced you can do much better elsewhere.
on 18 March 2016
A great resource to practice and train yourself to really look. Good product for beginners and those who want to simply refresh the basics. Useful to have as a Kindle book because it is easy to enlarge the sketches.
on 6 December 2016
Excellent book illustrating how your brain over rides your eyes
on 11 September 2015
A useful guide for accurate observation to improve drawing skills.
on 3 December 2016
Fantastic and very helpful for me to become an inspiring artist!