on 8 January 2015
I expected more after reading reviews of hundreds of words. There are less than 100 words. Not all letters are present and endings you'd expect are missing such as ox to make fox and box. Other than that it's an ok set but it tries to be too much with too little effort. pictures on certain letters for 1 or 2 words that can be made instead of all the words that can be made.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2016
In a nutshell: My child loves it. Fantastic value @ £6.50

I got this from Amazon for £6.50, and I am very hapy with this product overall.

Pros:
- It is a great learning tool if you know how to use it
- It does help children to build their simple words, and read them

Cons:
- It requires tidy up after playing and learning
- No instructions, no demos for effective learning
- You need to spend the time with the child, it is not fun and not effective to learn and play by themselves
- It does not allow blending of the sound of each letter, but it does say the words with the right combinations.
on 27 January 2013
I bought this product for my 2 year old son who loves numbers and letters to put away until he is learning to read. We ended up opening it when it arrived and he absolutely loves it. There are plenty of different games to play and its great to do together to play educational games. The cards have pictures on to help and come in a handy box. We now take these cards and his Tag out with us as its small enough to pop in a bag.

Great product. Would recommend to anyone who's child enjoys reading and spelling or any parents who want a fun educational game to play with their children.
6 people found this helpful
on 13 May 2013
I bought these for,my 4 year old son to help him with his word learning, they are great fun and he is learning more and more every day thanks to these wonderful cards and help from mummy.
I only let him use the pen to check he has it right as he already knows the sounds
5 people found this helpful
on 6 March 2018
We did not really used it a lot
on 3 December 2017
Does what its supposed to to.
on 3 February 2013
Leapfrog produce very good products and this was no exception. A fun and "different" way for toddlers to start reading.
3 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2016
Great for little ones learning to read and write
on 28 August 2014
For some reason the software will not link to the pen. It doesn't seem compatable.
One person found this helpful
on 5 April 2014
Use these with my 3yr old and she is now using them and some homemade cards too to make 5 to 6 letter words. These have been a great help!
2 people found this helpful