on 25 July 2012
I bought these insoles to see if they made any difference to my knee, which had been damaged by excess running. I started wearing them in my running shoes and then took to wearing them in all my regular shoes too. It was a bit of a hassle to take them out and put them in a different pair of shoes every day but it seems to have done the trick. They aren't like normal insoles which I have had before which are thick and make it feel like you are walking on marshmallows. Previous ones have also made my shoes really tight but because these are so thin you can put them in almost all shoes. I've had them in boots, running trainers, converse, ballet pumps etc. You could barely feel these were in but they certainly seemed to help. I didn't wear them once and when I got home my knee was hurting again.
on 31 March 2014
Previously bought Double Strike version, also an excellent product, but comes larger than the shoe sizing specified. The Full Strike version on the other hand is an exact fit in the shoe size specified, so be careful not to order too small, as it can easily be trimmed down if necessary. The Double Strike is much more substantial and takes up more room in the shoe, whereas the Full strike is thinner and more likely to fit any shoe. Both were recommended for my son's shin splints by his physio.
on 15 September 2010
These do what they say they do. I used to get really sore knees during and after my runs, but as soon as I put the Sorbothane Shock Stopper insoles in my shoes I didn't have sore knees! These are great for regular runners;I would recommend these to anyone that runs.
on 7 December 2011
My husband is a postman and finds these Insoles a benefit for his walking duties. This is the second pair he has had. The item received was Sorbothane Full Strike Insoles
on 30 May 2013
I have used these for long distance hikes and they have made a real difference, especially where I have to walk on roads where the ground is hard. I have walked 150 miles in them so far (not in one go) and so far they are lasting well.
on 31 May 2012
These seem alot of money on top of the cost of new pair of shoes. But they are worth every penny
on 16 September 2015
My job involved standing/walking for 12hours per day 6 days per week. I bought a pair of Sorbothane double strike about 15 years ago and they were superb, they felt like slippers that had been personally moulded for my feet, with excellent arch support. I've used that same pair virtually every day for that long. They have seen out many pairs of shoes and boots. Whilst they are feeling the their age, they're still pretty good even after all that time, as good in fact as the new ones I bought to replace them (retirement incentivised me to treat myself to a new pair!) Unfortunately the new Sorbothanes are not as good as my originals were when they were new (if you are looking to replace some.)
New Sorbothane Double Strike are now thinner giving less support to your foot in the grey areas than the old ones but still give great impact protection especially in the red areas and because they're thinner, will replace 'manufacturers own' insoles more closely so you probably won't need to go up a size.
The Full Strike are thinner still, giving great impact strike protection to the full sole, which you are unlikely to need unless you step on a rock or a fir cone in the arch of your foot!
They are still a great bit of kit, and highly rated.., those old ones have been relegated to my gardening boots, I have opted for a new pair of Full Strike for my hiking boots, I would think they are great for runners.
on 31 August 2013
I've tried various support insoles over time as i suffer from slack bone structure in my left foot do to an injury many years ago. This brand is normally very good and have never disappointed. So I decided to try their full stirke insoles. Well what a disappointment. These are just flat gel with no heel shock absorber and no arch support. And they also move inside your shoes/trainers when you wear them so they end up being uncomfortable. So wont be buying again but will continue to buy and recommend sorbothane double strike insoles
on 4 January 2013
I bought these as I was fed up with wearing out 'normal' insoles. These are much more durable and comfy than other insoles I have tried. I really like the sticky so they don't slide around. Definately the best insoles I have ever bought.
on 23 October 2011
I bought these insoles because i was having very painful feet when I was doing my cardio workouts. So far my feet are hurting less so no complaints. The insoles are spot on in the sizing and well made.