on 14 July 2017
Not sure about these. I've checked the various things online in order to assess provenance and everything seems genuine, though only some of the rivets are embossed on the back. But - essentially - they just seem too lightweight; don't look or feel like Levis. The denim just hasn't got the same feel as another pair I bought recently on the high street.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
These are not nearly as good quality as I have been used to over many years of buying 501's. They are flimsy relative to the old ones I have bought - the last being less than 18 months ago, and they are terrific and as I expect from Levi. These will do, but not for long I fear, then I will go back to buying from a store in the USA. These were online UK, cheap, and you get what you pay for (Prime discounts 7/11/17 etc), so my bad.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2016
These are NOT genuine Levis - the red tab on the back pocket does not have ' Levis ' printed on it. I bought these as a present and it was noticed straight away- waste of £57 of which I can ill afford!!!
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 September 2015
Good quality. Jeans, in my mind, come in three categories. Ones that just don't fit, ones that fit sort of OK, not perfectly, but good enough not to return and ones that you can rip the labels off as soon as you've tried them on because it appears they were tailor made for your particular dimensions. These Levi's come into the middle category for me, they don't quite fit perfectly, they catch my knees and ride down a little. Add a belt and they're better, but I prefer not to wear a belt, so .... they'll do!
5 people found this helpful
on 13 October 2016
What can I say? These are some very nice jeans indeed. As a disclaimer, I got these on an Amazon Daily Deal so it was 50% off the RRP, and at that price, they were a bargain. Heck, they were cheaper than a pair from Next or Burtons and far better quality.

I know there are lots of reviews stating that Levi's have dropped in quality in the past few years, and it's true that these aren't as sturdy as some of the older styles, but at half price they were a hell of a bargain.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2017
Secretly I knew that these would not be 'Original' as I understand when I ordered them having bought my first pair of Levi's 51 years ago (£5). I knew that the material weight would probably not be as expected when I saw the asking price after having seen 'Original' 'Originals' in high street shops recently (<£100>) but I went ahead and bought them anyway. I was surprised however, when I got them and tried them on and found that they fitted great and that the tailoring (if you can say that about jeans) was very good and despite the weight loss I am four-star pleased with these.
on 3 December 2017
As with most of Amazon's more venerable customers I believe these are not the 501's of old but to be honest, this is the first pair I have bought for more than thirty years, so who knows! They seem lighter in weight and the stitching on the button holes leaves something to be desired. But, they fit perfectly (I ordered 38 waist 32 inner leg), look good, represent very good value for money, were delivered like lightning and I have immediately ordered a second pair. So that must be five stars!
on 7 November 2012
I'm a long term 501 wearer. Over the years I have tried various makes but none come close to the cut/fit/style of a 501.
These I may add are European 501's which means they are a slightly thinner material, but I happen to like that. Some of my other 501's are quite thick and in the summer months (yes we do get some hot days in England) I feel so hot with them on.

My new 501's got delivered in ultra fast time, packaged superbly - whipped them out of the box and tried them on, perfect fit.
Would I continue to buy these 501's from Amazon - a BIG YES
8 people found this helpful
on 27 August 2015
Always a bit dubious about buying these online as fit can vary massively.
Just worn out a very comfy pair and didn't expect to find the first mail order pair as comfortable but I guess I was lucky as the 34/34 was identical in fit. Only difference was they seemed to be a bit longer but that could be just because the hem seems to use a little less material. Lived with them for a week now and very please!
Quality is superb with typical nice thick 501 denim present and correct. Tempted to order another pair.
on 30 January 2014
I was looking forward to this delivery, getting a pair of 501's for under £40 great, however when they arrived I was very disappointed. First point was that they were too small, I have a pair of 501's that we're shop bought recently (£70) and a little tight to be honest so I ordered these a size larger for a better fit. However when they arrived the 501's were in fact smaller than my existing pair which I can't understand. Second is that the material is very coarse on these jeans and is not comfortable on your skin. The only positive about this order was Amazon as they advised that I try and wash the 501's and see if the material and size improved. Unfortunately this didn't make much of a difference and I will now be returning the jeans.