TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 July 2013
A must if you are building in a tight place around a mini-ITX board and case with an upgrade air cooler. Used on a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI Motherboard (SKT 1155, Mini-ITX) in a Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced USB 3.0 Mini ITX Case with aThermalright APX_100 High Performance Pulse Width Modulation Fan. The low-profile helps fit under the air cooler (see photo in my profile).
review image
on 4 September 2013
I got this RAM as part of my new PC build, and boy I wasn't disappointed with this! Installation (as with all RAM) was a doddle, and my PC immediately recognized the RAM in its dual channel configuration.

Once I'd configured my motherboard to use the RAM at 1600 MHz (defaulted to 1333 MHz for some reason) I was blown away by the performance. Multi-tasking is a breeze, gaming definitely experiences a boost, and photo editing in Photoshop performs like I've never ever had it done before. It's a little bit hard for me to differentiate where the RAM specifically helped as this was a totally new build, but in general I can definitely tell I've spent the money on it whilst using my PC.

I do however question whether I really need 16 GB worth of RAM... I've not yet maxed it out after a week of testing my PC, but then again I suppose I haven't been trying to host any gaming servers on here yet either - where lots of RAM truly shines. A few of my friends have told me it's overkill; but I personally like the safety of knowing I have headroom for the future, when my needs will increase.

I recommend this RAM to anyone building a new PC and looking for good performance, or anyone looking for a memory upgrade. If you're not sure you'll need all 16 GB of this, there is always the cheaper 8 GB configuration which might be more suited for some people.
These corsair low profile memory modules combined with an SSD have given a new life to my computer. The performance increase is astounding!!

Corsair lives up to its reputation of delivering blazing fast and reliable memory.

Highly recommended!!
on 13 January 2013
Caught these at a lower than normal price whilst they were out of stock, making buying 32GB of RAM (bought two sets) more affordable. Purchased for use in my new Windows Server 2012 test server but testing in my Gaming Machine. Set the Memory profile to XMP and target frequency to 1600MHz and they worked perfectly. My motherboard is an Asus Rampage Extreme iv (LGA 2011). Not going to test overclocking, I have no need. These score 7.9 under windows 7 an make the use of Virtual Machines a breeze. This is the cheapest I've seen RAM. I want another set for my MiniITX build which currently has only 8GB (2x4GB) of the same brand product. Corsair is so reliable, purchase and you will not be disappointing.
on 15 April 2014
As ever with RAM, installing it was as simple as pushing it into a slot and clicking some clips to lock it in place. As the name suggests, it's extremely low profile and doesn't get in the way of anything and should fit small cases with ease.

In terms of performance: It's 16GB of high quality DDR3 RAM - far more than you'd ever need for even the most intensive games and graphic design programs.

The price might seem a little steep but once you buy it; it's done. You need never buy RAM again (until DDR4 RAM enters circulation properly anyway).
on 19 February 2014
FIts well into the PC case and with a high perfomance fan as no too high a profile. Overclocked and does what it says on the tin. Would buy again
on 2 August 2015
I have two sets of these (each set is a matched pair) installed into an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard. BIOS picked them up and activated the XMP profile no problems. Ran the autotuner and got a few more MHzs out of them.

I bought these for capacity rather than speed and they've been great so far, no BSODs or other weirdness.

Obviously you need to make sure to be running a 64 bit copy of Windows or linux to be able to use more than 4GB of RAM.
on 19 March 2014
Just like you expect - inserted the modules, turned on PC and they work just fine. The low profile heat spreader looks great as well.

The only thing I had to change was the speed - as it ran at 1333mhz by default, which is not memory's fault, I simply had to change it to 1600mhz in BIOS (manually, since AMD boards don't have xmp profiles). Now running at 1600mhz 10-10-10-27 it's a great memory kit to recommend.
on 13 December 2014
Used in an ASUS M4A88TD-V motherboard - and gives a score of 7.3 in the "Windows Experience Index" @ 1333MHz.

I originally ran them (successfully) at 1600MHz, but had to set them back to 1333MHz when I added two of my original SIMMS into the other slots. (Unlike the Corsair modules, the older Kingston SIMMS needed the voltage ramping up to 1.65V to run at 1600MHz and I didn't want to risk harming my new babies ;-)
on 20 September 2016
Great RAM, I have it OC'd to 9-9-9-24 timings 1T @ 1.5 volts, works stable!!!!!!