Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 10 February 2013
Since series Six coast is now available on Blu Ray, and it certainly does benefit, the aerial shots for instance look amazing with so much detail. Nick Crane is back along with his genuine enthusiasm along with some new faces. What I love with Coast is it's ability to always show you something new and it certainly has a massive influence on where we choose our holidays so we too can go explore. Extras are lacking, just a few photo's, but this in now way detracts from the wonderful HD content. So for fans of the series, its simple, you will love it.
on 29 June 2017
Great product, price and delivery. Thanks.
on 14 May 2013
What more can be said, if you have watched any or all of the previous series of Coast this is a must have, and in Blu ray it truly comes alive
on 1 July 2012
Leaving behind the format of the previous six series, "Coast" changes format slightly in the seventh series and introduces episodes based on a wide variety of themes, such as island life, maritime disasters and looks at beaches and tides. The new format works well and should give "Coast" a chance of an eighth series and more.
on 16 March 2017
ALL THE OVER-THE-TOP ENTHUSIASM ON DISPLAY, COUPLED WITH THE ERRATIC JUMPING AROUND, EQUALS FAILURE.....THE SERIES WAS ENGAGING THROUGH SERIES 5.....AND NICK CRANE IS THE LAST MAN STANDING OF THE INITIAL "TEAM".....WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM....????? THEY LEFT EN MASSE.......DID CRANE CHASE THEM AWAY WITH HIS UMBRELLA......?????......
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2013
Series 7 was rather disappointing. I think the series as a whole was very entertaining, but series 7 has run out of ideas & locations to visit. As a viewer, I found the background to a particular site & the local history often recounted by a local person, to be the most interesting aspect of each place visited. Questions of why & when give an extra depth to explaining background which is often overlooked in some episodes.
on 18 July 2012
I'm not a TV or film watcher and hate soaps but I love 'Coast' although I am not too keen on the 'Coast & Beyond' idea. Saying that I did find the Sweden episode in series 6 very good. I'm glad to see that Nick Crane has a more pivotal role and found the new format of series 7 very good. Generally Series 1 - 7 EXCELLENT! Can't wait till series 8 (hope there is one)
on 14 July 2012
This is every bit as excellent as the rest of the series. Fantastic ariel photography, breathtaking views and so informative too !
on 30 May 2012
Having seen and immensely enjoyed every series of Coast, we eagerly awaited the Series 7 offering. The each of the new episodes was up to the usual excellent standard although as much as we like Nick Crane as a presenter, we prefer Neil Oliver as the main host. Not sure why he is taking a back seat in the most recent series.
Our only gripe with Series 7 (and the reason for the low rating) is that the number of episodes is half of that in earlier series. Hopefully it doesn't indicate a dearth of ideas, as some of the new excursions to coastlines on the other side of the channel have also been very interesting and entertaining.
There must still be areas of interest not yet visited, so come on producers - get cracking and give us another full-value series!
66 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2012
If you are new to the Coast series, I can highly recommend all 7 of them! They are well-researched, fascinating, surprising, and will make you fall in love with the British coasts again and again. Well worth the money! I can't say enough good about them, so I'll let them speak for themselves! Coast and Beyond brilliant.