Price:£2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 7 June 2013
People may tell you that "Pros don't use lens cap keepers", but after losing my lens cap early on on a long trip last year and subsequently sacrificing a polarising filter to protect the lens, I no longer care whether they look "Pro" or not. I returned home looking for a solution to prevent this happening again, and this product has worked well for me. Rather than using the included sticky tab I bought a cheapo lens cap with holes for a lanyard attachment, and simply threaded the cap keeper through there. In my opinion this is more secure as it doesn't rely on the adhesive.

Would have given this product 5 stars but for the fact that after 9 months' use the elastic on the lens keeper has broken - partly because it was only just big enough for my 28-300mm lens to begin with. This may be something to consider if you're using a similar diameter lens. However, the fact that I've just ordered a replacement is testament to my satisfaction with the product.
on 26 August 2013
It's simple, it's cheap, it's practical, It works......what else do you need to know if you are in the habit of taking the darned things off, putting them somewhere and then can't find 'em, or dropping them.
on 20 July 2013
The piece of plastic which attaches to the lens cap is very small, and at first I was worried that it would keep falling off.
But it sticks very firmly and hasn't budged, even in very hot weather. Would definitely buy again. Recommended.
on 21 November 2015
Small cords to attach to smaller things which get lost easily do have their place. This one is really very small, but works for a small lens cap or something like that. Adhesive pad is small, but does seem to stick. If it's what you want you will know it.
on 1 March 2012
What can you really say about a Lens cap holder? It does exactly what it is meant too.

It might have been a little better if it was slightly longer but it's not really an issue.

If you are fed up of putting your lens cap in your pocket or losing them I would recommend getting one.
on 18 March 2013
The lens cap keeper consists of an elastic strap to go around the lens barrel, and a non-elastic string with a small self-adhesive pad on the end to attach to the lens cap. I found this product very useful, and was a perfect fit for my Olympus E420 DSLR camera. It is good to know you can quickly pop the lens cap off and not have to worry about finding a pocket to put it in first.

I would add that the elastic part is a little too big for compact system cameras (e.g. Nikon 1 or Micro Four Thirds) but you can adapt by tying a small knot in the elastic to make the loop smaller. However a smaller one would be a better solutino for these cameras.
on 15 January 2015
Having dropped my lens cap and it nearly rolling into the river, I decided that I definitely needed a lens cap keeper. This seems well designed and is sticking fast so far. The elastic strap is slightly too large for my mirrorless camera lens, but I took a tip from a previous reviewer who suggested tying a knot to make it tighter.
on 9 August 2013
Too many cameras and lens come with separate lens caps but no means of keeping them attached to the unit's body. So this is a good purchase, doing exactly what it is meant to do.
on 17 June 2013
Great bit of kit to stop you losing the lens cap. Works fine. But you still need to watch because it can fall off the lens.
on 12 February 2014
Just what I wanted, fitted in the Nikon lens cap, which is not flat, so I had been concerned if it would fit

See one answered question