TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 August 2017
This is my first Nora Jones album purchase, it's apparently her 5th studio album released in 2012. Here 'On Little Broken Hearts', she explores the concept of troubled relationships and heartbreak with candor and lovelorn musings that are rueful yet almost nonchalant. While there are a number of stand out songs, I particularly like 'Good Morning', an enjoyable blend of synthesizers and dark moody strings, but my absolute favourite is the haunting 'Miriam', a catchy, yet disturbingly sublime tune. Throughout this album, Jones manages to never sound too depressed or dark and keeps the mood fairly moderate with her lilting purr and is never anything other than understated, even when plotting the murder of a love rival, as she does on 'Miriam'. There is, however, a lot of processed bile here, complemented by life experience and world weary wisdom, while the beat of the music contrasts beautifully with Jones's smoky languid vocals.
on 9 April 2016
I had this album down as a three star album. ........ Just now upped it to five-star.

Reason I think was my previous desktop system was not doing it justice. Now with much better equipment on my desktop, I love this album, and often go to it first, within my Norah Jones selection.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 April 2012
Little Broken Hearts is, I think, one the best Norah Jones albums. The musical style builds on the work of the excellent Fall, but is even stronger. Dealing throughout with betrayal in love, and the darker emotions which this can generate, the lyrics are biting and full of heartbreak and the desire for revenge.

All of this is set against some lovely, slightly dreamy music, mostly excellent ballads, but with less of the jazz feel of some of her earlier work. That amazing voice is still there, of course, as strong wistful and beautiful as ever, and the songs are superb, particularly '4 Broken Hearts' and the last two tracks; 'Miriam' and 'All a Dream'.

It just gets better with every listen - highly recommended
on 4 June 2012
Since my first Norah Jones album (come away with me), I have automatically bought new albums as they are released. Some are better than others but all have a unique 'sound' and it is easy to see Norah developing her skills.
Although disappointed with 'Featuring Norah Jones', 'Broken Hearts' has restored my excitment with her albums and reveals yet another side of her talents.
Based on the break up of a relationship, we are taken through all the emotions; shock, anger, revenge etc. The song writing perfectly encapsulates the feelings and is matched by the score. Each track seems to have a similar 'tone', and the whole album has a haunting, almost mesmerising quality. It is difficult to think of any other album that has quite the same effect.
This album is played several times a day and I find it difficult to choose another album that matches the mood.
If you like Eva Cassidy, Sade etc. you'll enjoy this. I would, however, recommend it to everyone and I'm looking forward to her next album - wherever she takes us!
on 30 March 2014
First review I've ever written on an album. Norah Jones's early stuff is good background music. I often think of her as a sultry version of Katie Melua (who is also excellent). This album, however, is different. Some of the songs are a bit on the dark side (Miriam is a bit creepy) - but every track is superb - it's the sort of album you'll automatically put on first if you're sitting down to chill out or deciding what to listen to in the car. What else can I say, if you're not the sort to listen to boy/girl bands and like just really good music - BUY THIS!
on 6 October 2012
Lots of people get angry at this album because it's not the same Norah they "knew" and it isn't jazz anymore. I must disagree with them.
It is the same feeling since the beginning. It's all there, just give it a good listen. Music has the need to evolve/change, otherwise there's no point of making another record, she would be doing the same stuff again again, until you would realise that.

The fact that she continued working with Danger Mouse (who produced this album), after the Rome project, made me really happy.
on 19 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable album from Norah Jones and beautifully produced by Danger Mouse.
on 4 September 2016
Brilliant Cd, I would rate as her best work and hopefully more to come like this. Dark subjects in the songs but great piece of work
on 3 October 2017
Great album
on 24 April 2014
I bought this album for my wife after we'd seen Norah on Jools. There are some nice tunes but the strength of the material is quite variable, and not all of the songs are strong enough to make this a great CD. Norah does have a great voice though.