on 27 December 2012
Lovely little pc...I upgraded the memory as many recommended ...its small compact and does everything I want ..I couldnt be happier and now my other half wants one too .....!!!!!!!! Definitely recommend to every one ...
on 11 February 2013
Excellent service from this company - product arrived within 24 hours and quick contact response. Product good and even better with extra 2gb ram - easy to insert. Just what I needed for emails and word processing.
on 20 October 2012
This is an excellent netbook. I bought one each for my kids and spent an extra £9 each buying a 2GB RAM. This improves the performance of the netbook to that of something much more expensive. Samsung realise that this is what people will do because they make it so simple to replace the memory card. I paid £195 for each netbook. Don't be put off by the low price, this is a piece of quality kit. Recommended.
22 Comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2012
i bought this to use in my lectures and just in general whilst studying at uni. it brilliant, quick, easy and very light to carry around.
on 15 October 2012
Great piece of kit retailing at £255. If you're buying for £199 use the money you're saving on upgrade on RAM 3GB.
It's useless without the RAM upgrade, but once you add memory it's a great buy.
on 30 December 2012
Quite good value but benefits from memory upgrade. The problem is that there are no spare slots so by installing 2GB you are left with unusable original 1GB.
on 23 April 2014
I'm astonished at how many good reviews this piece of nonsense has acquired. I've had nothing but trouble since day one when i discovered just how insensitive the finger-pad was and the bits covering the hinges fell off. A camera with no microphone is another interesting idea. You can see people to talk to just as long as they can read lips. Avoid like the plague.
on 22 September 2013
The on off switch at the side is very difficult to use and has come off several times. We have been able to wedge it back on, but now the switch is not working at all, making the computer useless.
on 10 August 2012
Great little pc - but if, like me, you want to use Skype (which is already installed) there is no mic, you will have to buy a combo mic and headset to use it. Why install Skype when you can't use it?? An added expense I was not expecting. Disappointed.
55 Comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2012
The Samsung Netbook 102SP on sale for £199.99 at various retail outlets does not have a built-in microphone. I was foolish not to check before buying.
However, it works with a 'USB EARPHONE' SET BOUGHT ONLINE (Google it - there's no company name with the tech leaflet).. the mic works brilliantly and the sound superb. Not expensive - but essential that you get a USB connection - not many available.

Now I am still figuring out why the recently bought Samsung DVD writer/player I(lightweight and perfect to carry along) will not configure to play movies with this Netbook. I have downloaded VLC player which plays some DVDs (movies) but is a bit hit and miss. The first thing I did was to get a memory upgrade to 2GB. All in all this is just to forewarn with my own experience... otherwise it is a neat little netbook and suits my needs.