on 25 July 2013
This is absolutely superb and although normally I'd baulk at paying £20 for a cover it is as good as they claim in the blurb - very well made and fits the device very neatly with a slim profile; the automatic sleep function also works brilliantly although I don't understand the technology! It's hard to tell if the leather is genuine as claimed but it certainly looks and feels great.

I find it does not slip when using in the standing position unless the surface is exceptionally smooth, and you can just adopt a steeper angle to counter this.

My only word of warning would be that although the colour reproduction online is pretty good I went for persimmon and found it to be slightly warmer/sweeter in the flesh than in the photos, so I'm not sure what the other colours wold look like. I saw the black in Waterstones since purchasing, and thought it was a rather dreary shade. If there were a green option I'd be giving 6 stars!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 December 2012
. .
I bought this item after receiving a kindle hd fire for Christmas.
Dad kindly bought me a case, but it just didn't fit "right" (it was the kind where there a 4 bits of elastic in each corner to hold it in) and for such a beautiful piece of kit I thought I'd have a browse on Amazon to see what was available.
I was shocked at the price considering my first kindle cover for the first-ever kindle that came out was £26! - naughty Amazon!
However, after shelling out the £36:99' I am really pleased with the case.
It fits perfectly, and you just have to click the kindle in the moulded 'shell'.
I like the way it fits comfortable in my hand and compared to the cheaper version it's a lot less bulky. When you're reading, you can easily hold it in one hand as it sort of 'bends flat'
I've only just read books on the kindle and did notice some reviews said that the case didn't stand properly, and the reviews were right. When standing, it seems to 'slip' down. However, it's not a problem as I'd rather watch television than watch "television " on my kindle. . That's just personal choice through.
All in all, it's well worth the money . . My advice is don't scrimp on something that's going to protect your kindle, turn it off when you close the case and because of the plus point that it 'bends' flat. For me, buying a cheaper product, you may as well throw your money down the drain!
4 stars only because of the .price. .
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 January 2013
...if this product will prove durable. It functions very well, fits easily, snuggly and securely on the Kindle, and will afford a medium degree of protection from drops/spill - no complaints on that front, and it looks smart (I got the dark purple) however it looks quite flimsy, I struggle to believe it's actually leather as it looks like a synthetic leather look, no lovely soft padding - my old Kindle 3 leather cover looked luxurious and felt lovely, this looks like leather print effect plastic coated cardboard? Not 100% convinced the flimsy spine bit will stand up to the inevitable (and necessary) folding back on itself - essential for holding in one hand to read or for propping on a stand to watch a movie. If I'd paid £20 I might have added a star but this doesn't look like value for money to me....
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2013
Colour: Ink Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This case is specifically designed for the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, and as such the most immediate benefit is the fact that when the device is covered by the closed case it goes into standby mode. Once closed the cover is very protective keeping the Kindle relatively safe. The feel of the cover means it is nice to carry and feels just textured enough to offer reassuracne that it won't slip from the hand.
The only downside, and the reason I personally awarded it four stars rather than five, is the awkward volume button cover on the side of the cover. This button cannot conveniently be found without looking at the device which for many people is I am sure a diddy factor, but for me I would like to be able to find it by touch when listening to music or other audio.
on 7 March 2013
Having researched extensively about which cover to buy I settled on this one which was one of the more expensive ones. Having read lots of reviews I hoped I would agree that paying the extra would guarantee me a quality long lasting and most importantly slim product ......and it did! Really pleased with the colour and the quality of this cover, As it is made by Amazon it fits the Kindle absolutely perfectly and barely adds any weight or bulk onto it at all meaning it still fits in my handbag easily, unlike some of my friend's cheaper more bulky covers. The texture is great - hardwearing and superior quality. The standing function works perfectly and I haven't had any slipping problems like some others have mentioned. All the ports are left clear and the magnetic closure which automatically sends it to sleep is essential. Glad I paid a bit more for this product - well worth it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 January 2013
There's now a lot of cases around for the Kindle Fire HD. I've tried a couple of cheaper options previously, but this is by far the best. The case fits perfectly, is made of a seemingly very strong leather, and looks fantastic.

The back of the case is moulded precisely to the tablet, and unlike some cases where some of the thin rim of the Kindle is exposed, all is covered here, without impinging onto the bezel. This is important, as swiping across the screen is harder when some or all of the bezel is covered.

The auto-sleep/wake function works brilliantly, and, when closed, I imagine that you'd have to try very, very hard to damage the Kindle. Could be slightly cheaper, but I am one very happy customer.
on 8 January 2013
I am delighted with my new Kindle Fire HD, I love the fact that it fits neatly into my handbag and I can take it anywhere!
I puchased this to download and read books but it can do so much more, including surfing the web, email access, watching videos, catching up on i player, I simply love it.
I was a little disappointed that it did not include a charger, (although I knew that before I purchased it), I thought the price of the Amazon charger was way too high, particularly when you can purchase a charger for a few pounds and it does the same job!
I agree with all the other reviews that it should have been included, the price is so low for the Kindle Fire HD, I would have certainly paid an additional £10 for the charger to be included, if it had been I would have given the review 5 stars.
on 12 June 2013
I bought this case as I saw it was on special offer £19.99 instead of the usual £37.99 and thought I'd replace the boring black one I bought back when I first got my Kindle Fire HD. I was a little dubious at first as it is an open/close style case and wasn't sure how well it would do when standing. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. The case is excellent quality with obvious thought & care gone into its design and production. My kindle fits perfectly in the case, and I absolutely love the bright persimmon (orange in my world!) colour, which shows round the edge. It's also great to be able to see the full screen of the kindle as my old case hid a lot of the edge so this one emphasises its full beauty! As its a kindle product, all the holes are perfectly aligned. The only thing I miss slightly is a place to put my stylus pen, but I think this would spoil the design, so not a major issue for me.
on 13 January 2013
I wouldn't dream of buying a tablet without a protective cover so I chose the one promoted in the sales pitch. It is sturdy, slender and the catch puts the Fire to "sleep" when the cover is closed. The surface gives a good grip but be aware that this is leather, but not as you know it, or you might be disappointed. The standing aspect of the cover has not really been put to the test as I won't be watching films on it, although trailers look good, and I only travel by car. My son, a Nexus 7 owner, was interested in my cover but horrifed by the price: he paid less than a third for the one he chose. I have to dock a star for the cost.
on 25 January 2013
This fits my kindle very snugly, perfectly just as it should do. I have every confidence in its ability to protect my kindle. Several people have said that it occasionally falls flat on very shiny surfaces, I have had this happen once and it was because I had propped it up too shallowly. The range of colours available is a huge bonus and there must be sufficient choice to keep everyone happy. That the kindle 'sleeps' when closed is great as on return, you are back where you were.
I was a little concerned regarding the sound but should not have worried as the case has vents over the speakers and the sound is just as great in or out of the case.