Customer reviews

The Only Place
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2013
I don't live in California but this album makes me wish I did. Instead I settle for joyful songs of love and celebration.
on 16 May 2018
This could possibly go down as rock music's saddest moment. A failed child actress trying to make a record and some people are actually taking it into consideration. Please don't be fooled by the industry hype this is nothing more than a comedy album.
on 25 May 2012
There are some ridiculously vitriolic reviews of this album on various web sites.If you are a fan of the jangly pop of the Lemonheads Come on feel,or Tilly and the wall Wild like children then you will love this album.There`s also a lovely 50s vibe on a number of tracks,which recall the sound of Connie Francis, high praise fully deserved.If you like any of the above, and i would throw Nicole Atkins into the mix,then just buy this album.Only one reservation,the brevity of the album leaves you thirsty for more.
6 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2012
It's only their second release, so we don't really know what a Best Coast lp sounds like yet. But if they continue to sound as good as this, I'll be quite happy, thanks. Jon Brion's simple and fresh production makes the most of Ms. Cosentino's vocals, and expands the instrumentation to fine effect. It still sounds like Best Coast to me, but this time it's summer in widescreen so put your flip-flops on and go skip in the spume. There's also an awesome bear on the cover and you can't say fairer than that.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2012
Waah what a disappointment! I loved "Crazy for You" and their other producing lo-fi, but here we find a kind of corny rock'n'roll album.
3 people found this helpful