on 15 September 2012
After using the Gopro for a year or so I was initially disapointed about the underwater quality however that has all changed with the flat housing. I used it first time out of the box on a recent sailing holiday. Above and below the water the images are great and I'm looking forward to it's next outing. Not seeing the LED readout on the front of the camera can be a pain until you find your 'workflow' and then it's fine.
on 16 January 2015
Excellent product and superb results. I used mine as a backup to my main setup, to be honest some of the footage taken with the Gopro is better than my more expensive kit. I lashed this to a dive scooter with gafer tape on a wreck dive, the footage is phenomenal.
on 12 January 2014
To clarify; the 'standard' Waterproof housing is fine above the water (for weather protection, sand/ water splashes etc) but *NOT* any use for DIVING UNDERWATER:
Why- ? because the lens cover is the wrong shape (round), and the images will be totally distorted under water, in fact of absolutely no use at all, I found out the hard way! The images will all be totally out of focus and a blurred mess.

Go Pro do not make this very clear on the 'standard' waterproof housing information.
This DIVE housing however (finally!) has a corrective 'flat' design lens, so the images remain crisp & clear Underwater...

You can change out the exterior for corrective colour filters too if you wish, depending on how deep, and the availability of light where you dive. It also comes supplied with a protective lens cap, cap lanyard, and the standard GoPro attachment clip, in order that it may be attached to any other GoPro device (eg a hand held mount / pole etc). The back door can also be changed (eg if you fit a LCD screen or bigger battery).

Great item, very well made and high quality. A shame it took Go Pro so long to acknowledge and resolve the problem, but now done, this works perfectly.
Be aware the Go Pro camera versions 3+ are a totally different design and will not fit inside this housing.
I WOULD recommend this item.
on 24 December 2012
As a user of two GoPro Hero 2's I have found the camera to be superb in every way other than the degraded image when using it below the water line, the flat lens does everything they claim and I am pleased I took the step of buying it.
on 31 January 2013
I bought this Lens Housing for my son as a Christmas present, which he wanted as an addition to his GoPro camera. He does a certain amount of underwater photography and needed this housing to help eliminate misting up of the lens. He is pleased with it and I have seen the results of some of his pictures using it, so we can recommend.
on 29 April 2013
As always with GoPro the product is well engineered and of excellent quality. However it does not fit my Hero3 and this was not clear from the product description.
on 24 November 2012
I really like this camera and the flat lense housing. I bought it for snorkelling and sea kayaking both of which I do a lot of. If you want to see some of the footage I recorded with my GoPro have a look at my videos on YouTube "CaptainQuintsOrca"is my username (shameless homage to JAWS!). The underwater footage of a grey seal pup sleeping underwater (very rare footage! blowing my own trumpet but its ace!) was recorded on my GoPro Hero2 using this housing. The housing is easy to use and easy to clean with a nice non fiddly clip that closes it tight. It has an easy to clean rubber seal aswell as all the usual possibilities for mounting various different clips to it. I use a "bobber" by go pro which is a floating yellow handle you attach to the the housing. I also use one of the wrist lanyards supplied with the camera but the bobber is good if i dropped it the camera would float to the surface and be easy to see too. The footage of the seal was taken in 14c water and I noticed very slight fogging of the lense whilst I was out there snorkelling but it didn't seem to affect the final footage. Go pro offer inserts that I believe are paper with silica granules that solve the problem. There are also various YouTube videos of people making their own inserts out of dried out kitchen towel. I am going to be taking the housing and my gopro hero2 to Australia over Christmas where i will be hoping to get some good underwater footage. I am going to order some inserts as we're going to Queensland which will be hot and humid so the fogging may be an issue there. Some people have mentioned the large lense covering part of the cameras digital mode display but you can see more than enough of the display to use the camera easily. it covers more when you have the lense cover on but obviously thats off when you're filming or taking photos anyway. Overall I give the flatscreen housing 5 stars for ease of use, build quality and generally taking my water activity footage to a new level without a massive investment.
on 29 January 2013
The package of dive housing and GoPro Hero 2 makes for a very cost effective way of filming underwater scuba adventures and other outdoor activities. To get better you would need to spend seriously large amounts of money.
on 5 March 2013
Tried using the normal housing for underwater shooting, not happy with the results, bought the dive housing and the results were fantastic, used in normal filming as well, did not find any problems with focus, clarity or operation.
on 3 October 2012
What a great product the Gopro HD2 is, but underwater it a let down with the dome housing, you need the flat housing to video underwater, just look on YouTube and u will see. Not cheap But a Grest Product