on 10 June 2017
I have a ten year old Intel D975XBX2 motherboard I wanted to migrate to a new PC case after the old case got damaged during a relocation. The new case had USB 3.0 ports and after some quick research I discovered it was possible to add USB 3.0 compatibility to a USB 2.0 motherboard via a PCIe card like this.

I chose Anker because I've had really good experience with them and the build quality has always been excellent. The card comes with a CD containing drivers but I'm not sure you even need it. My card worked out of the box although I ran the installer anyway to be safe. The whole experience was seamless without a single issue.

Note that this card also has an internal connector which is crucial if you want to connect other USB 3.0 ports on your case although you don't have to use it so you can't lose either way. You will need to connect a power cable to the card from your internal power supply but I can't see this being an issue for anyone. The card needs a spare PCIe slot of course but even my ten year old motherboard has three PCIe slots so again you should be fine but check before you buy.

Best of all the rear panel on the card is black which matches my case colour -- ha ha.
on 28 July 2017
Re Edit
Originally I had various problems with the USB 3.0 card but the people at Anker were quick to help me solve my problems.
They sent me out a replacement card to have a second attempt touch wood it's all working good now.
It seemed I had a faulty card these things can happen many thanks to the people at Anker for their good customer service.

I've purchased various items from Anker in the past and they were all top quality which is why I went for their USB 3.0 card.
Unfortunately I had no luck getting this add-on card to work I installed driver which was provided with the card still no luck.
Every USB 3.0 item like hard drives or keys would only work only at USB 2.0 speed in the end I gave up and sent the item
back may be I was unlucky.
on 2 August 2015
Not sure what some people are doing with this item to be having so much trouble with it but here's how it went for me

Bought this to use with a 5.25" Internal USB3 card reader with a few extra USB2/3 on the front (you can never have too many), I'm using Windows 7 Professional with an X79 Motherboard, the MSI Xpower Big Bang II, dumb name but a great Motherboard, it had 2 GTX 680's an internal wireless card and a PCI-E SSD and like a lot of motherboards it only has 1 USB3 header (manufacturers take note) so I needed more USB3 internally and picked this one.

So...powered down the beast (duh) opened it up, choked on the dust, cleaned it out with a can of air, slotted the card in a spare slot, rebooted and voila, card reader has worked faultlessly since as has the PCI-E to USB3 card, at the price I wasn't expecting miracles but transfer speeds are consistent with USB3 and the 2 USB3 at the rear is just a bonus, overall I'm very happy.
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2017
Easy to fit, I used it to get two more USB 3 sockets to the front of my PC case as I paired it with an Akasa Akasa AK-IEN-01 Lokstor M51 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch HDD Combo Rack which has two USB 3 on it. You also get to further two USB 3 at the back
You need a spare 4 pin molex socket on your power supply to get the full benefit something to remember if you choose this.You also need a spare PCI express slot on you MB. There is a small CD included with the drivers all worked and installed fine on my W7 64 bit machine.
Just a note depending on you MB design and where you mount this card, although small, it may very slightly cover a GPU fan
on 30 July 2017
Currently working on latest update of Windows 10 and seems to be working OK. Took a reboot for my desktop to recognise it but seems to be working OK now. Upgrade to USB 3.0 definitely worth while doing.
Only concern I had was with the pins on the 20 pin expansion socket. I wanted to fit this:-
 CSL - USB 3.0 (Super Speed) Front Panel for 3.5" drives | up to 5Gbit/s | PC and MAC | Black | USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 downwards compatible but had some difficulty with the plug. There is a lug and cut out to identify the correct way round for the plug but it was still difficult to plug in. I had a closer look at the socket and noticed that some of the pins were out of alignment so wouldn't allow the plug to slot home. I managed to carefully get these back in line and got the plug in. All re-assembled and after a reboot all seems to be working OK.
If it wasn't for the bent pins in the 20 pin socket I would probably give this 4 stars.
on 12 October 2014
This has failed to appear within the operating system device manager and the supplied driver setup software cannot find it either, regardless of which PCI-E slot it is placed into; dead as a Dodo. Unfortunately it took a while to build the system and it is now not covered by Amazon's return policy. This is a brand of product, I won't be buying again, and I'd suggest it's avoided.
on 25 June 2017
The internal USB 3.0 connector works with a USB 3.0 card reader, but the rear USB 3.0 sockets do not work. After installing the device driver (firstly that supplied with the card, secondly the driver from the Anker website), the functionality did not improve. The Anker online manual makes it clear they do not support the product unless bought from Laptop Mate or Fantasia - not Amazon. The card seems well made, but there is scant information on the functionality of the card available from Anker. Windows 10 Device Manager reports the device as working properly. Perhaps the rear USB's do not work if the internal connector is used, but that seems unlikely. Cheap card, but I would not buy another.
on 13 October 2015
Failed for me because it crashed my server. Drivers seem to be incompatible with Windows Server 2008 R2. Everything looks OK but using the via application crashes the server and removing a connected device also crashed the system. Tried both supplied and updated drivers from the manufacturers website.

Now I'm not that bothered about a cheap card that I can use in another system eventually but would have been useful to have this working so I could use the front panel which I purchased the same time
on 28 March 2017
The product works well but does not look like in the photo.
I chose this product because was presented in photo with solid capacitors.

CD was scratched but I downloaded drivers from the internet.
review image
on 24 July 2017
Brilliant, another solid peice of kit from Anker. Plugged it in, installed the drivers and it's been working without a hitch since then.
I choose this particularly for the internal connection to the two front USB 3.0 ports on my case as my motherboard didn't have the header pins for it.