on 23 January 2013
This is a good start for brief information and an initial insight into schizophrenia, however for a degree course I found it only touched on the subject. I am in my last year of a mental health bsc hons degree so anyone at this same level of study will probably not find it useful. I probably would of found it usefull for AS Level Psychology. Hope this is helpful.
on 17 March 2013
All the details here about schizophrenia. Easy to understand and to learn to recall. Useful to anyone coming into contact will the diagnoses. And people that have been told that they suffer schizophrenia. Contains a medical definition of the illness.
on 26 December 2012
This booklet was handy to get the gist of schizophrenia before I went off to research for my essay. It helped me to know what I was researching by giving some bare facts.
on 17 May 2014
As a person with a family member with the above ...which her father also suffered from I go along with all it says ..but believe me it's very hard on the family this illness and sometimes you don't get the support you need ...My daughter showed signs of it from the age of 25 it cost her as she lost her partner,children,her work,social life friends etc ..now my worry is Will her children show any signs..how early could we test for this ??
on 19 February 2014
A straight to the point pamphlet that give a clinical insight into the symptoms and treatment available. Good and helpful as an initial step to finding out more about schizophrenia.
on 28 January 2014
Not as long as I would have liked but informative. I would suggest that everyone is an individual also and that has an affect on how symptoms may vary from person to person.
on 5 January 2014
excellent book and easy to understand the subject and can help self or others. great value for money. i would recommend this book for reading . greater understanding explained simple.
on 19 January 2014
Useful to me as I have come across the illness in my work. Well written, well set out and easy to read. It had all the information I needed in it.
on 23 January 2013
I am a prison officer, and more and more often I come across women in the prison with mental health issues. I read this to gain a greater understanding of the illness to help me understand the women in my care. This book describes the basics of schizophrenia in a easy to read and understand layout. It doesn't go into too much depth, so if you're after a every little bit of information on schizophrenia, then this is probably not for you, but it does give you a solid base for this illness.
on 28 January 2013
a good and easy to understand book for ordinary people trying to understand the subject. wish there is a paper version of the book.