HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 November 2013
This box set contains ten books in the Horrible Geography series, written by Anita Ganeri. Very much in the style of the Horrible Histories, these are great fun and very informative. This set includes the following books:

Violent Volcanoes
Earth-Shattering Earthquakes
Desperate Deserts
Cracking Coasts
Bloomin' Rainforests

An example of what is in one book (Bloomin'Rainforests) includes the stories of explorers who got lost in the jungle, the different layers of the rainforest, how to recreate the rainforest in your bedroom, some of the living creatures you might find there (including plant life and insects), the threatened destruction of the rainforests and their future, plus lots more. Full of facts and sure to both entertain and educate, these are really good value for money.
on 3 September 2017
Great books 5*****
on 8 January 2014
Very disappointed to find such colourful package and plain black and white inside, given the subject, colour should be a must. Also, I am not so impressed with the content, I really wish I could have had a look inside the book before I bought it! Never mind, it looks good on the shelf...
on 5 January 2012
Our 8 year old son loves these books - reads and re-reads the ones we had already. Now with all 12 together we had more to keep him fascinated, and spares as gifts for friends and relatives. At £20 this was an amazing bargain!
on 10 June 2012
These books were bought for my 9 year old son who has really enjoyed them. He had struggled to find books he genuinely liked reading and with these Horrible Geography books, he will pick one up and go off and read on his own. Brilliant!
on 2 January 2013
Great books for 8 years old. My son loves these books they have got a lot of interesting geographical facts.
on 21 January 2013
i bought these books for my 8 year old daughter.She loves them! They are a good read for me too :)
on 4 May 2014
two books were misprinted and incorrectly bound. this created a lot of confusion. the pages of the middle sections of each had been crossed over in each of the two books, leaving one central page in one of them completely missing. The remaining volumes in the set were fine.
on 19 December 2014
As always, Horribles are captivating books. My kids can't put them down. I was told by my kids that they are not as good as History books, but still lots of fun. It warms my heart to see them read all day long
on 24 November 2013
My son loves all the "Horrible" books and I bought these for party bags for his 9th Birthday. Perfect at £1 each!