on 7 November 2014
Works absolutely fine on my PC. No problems with installation on W7 x64 - just ran the installer and it did the rest. Pleased that it has the facility to connect to your front panel audio so you can use headphones if you want.
on 22 November 2016
It broke a couple of months after use. Heard a popping sound & then all audio was gone. It seems to have been a problem with the headphone jack, because now it does not feel like it clicks the headphone cable when inserted.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2012
When it comes to audio I am a complete novice. I was looking for a cheap and cheerful solution to purchase a device that would allow me to pump out surround sound from my pc. The sound card was simply to install. The software CD froze after installation however after a reboot the software was successfully installed. Not sure what happened there. Anyway, I now have 5.1. Only had this sound card for a week but for £30 you really cannot go wrong. Seemed to be the best price on the market and so far no problems.

Do your research before you buy and also check you have a PCI express slot before purchasing this sound card. Most modern mother boards seems to have PCI express.
on 26 June 2015
The sound on this card is really not great. For the price I guess its OK but I switched to a sound blaster z and the jump was huge. Can't really recommend this. Worth saving a little extra and getting something better.
on 19 February 2013
I had to move my graphics card to a different slot and put the sound card above the GFX card. This hurt my airflow a bit.

I haven't noticed much difference between my mobo's onboard audio, but I've been stable since the switch of PCI ports. The control panel is nice for configuring between 5.1 for gaming and stereo for music, wish there was some automatic switching I could setup between games and normal browsing.

It's not that spendy, at the price, it's worth the investment if you have a good pair of headphones, I am hardly one to be able to tell the difference though, so I can't confirm or deny the quality change.
on 24 May 2014
I bought this for my new surround sound headset, the headset was great, comfortable and perfect for what I had in mind, my computer has also been upgraded a fair amount, this however didn't stop the sound card from causing my computer to blue-screen every couple hours or so, faster when I'd play games.

When I removed the sound card my computer stopped blue-screening and worked perfectly, much faster than when I had the sound card in as well.

I doubt the issue was with my computer or the requirements to run the sound card, so I would not recommend this product myself unless it is all your price range can afford.
on 3 November 2012
If your looking for a sound card that will do everything you need, 5.1 surround sound with bass redirection (very useful for headphones) then this is a perfect choice.

The card isn't too large so doesn't get in the way of air flow for graphics cards and other devices (some sound cards are much wider and can hinder air flow/cooling)

Overall the sound quality is great and the features you get for you money is awesome.

Buy it :)

I would add that you should download the latest software/drives from Asus website rather than use a outdated CD software/drivers
on 26 May 2013
Bought this to work with my 5.1 speakers because the mother board didnt support the out put, works well no lag. Not an audiophile so I can't comment too much on the sound. But it's very good to me
on 6 February 2015
Great value for money sound card.

I personally don't like the VSS/Dolby but I can bear it at DH1 setting.
Not too bad a card for the price for music, what with that cheap DAC/Amp.
on 3 November 2012
This sound card is amazing only problem i had was connecting the mic but if you have a look at this link it shows you what to do :)
[...]
I would also download the latest drivers from that site