Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 4 May 2012
I purchased California 37 two days ago and have not stop playing it since. It prompted me to immediately purchase tickets for my wife and I to see Train live at the Manchester Academy. The BBC/Uncut/Mojo reviews are totally predictable and should be completely ignored (although I do subscribe to these pretentious mags). I own all of the Train albums (as well the best albums by most rock bands spanning the spectrum from pop-rock to AOR, hard rock & heavy metal) and this is undoubtedly the best and most consistent album of the lot. Yes, it is more poppy, building on the success of Hey, Soul Sister, and only the last 2 songs sound like typical Train songs. However forget that. These songs are so upbeat and instantly catchy, mixing pop, heartland rock, dance, country and even mariachi, that who cares. The country-sounding duet 'Bruises' is a particular favourite and most of the songs could be singles. Just buy it and enjoy! Fantastic!
on 15 May 2012
This band continue to develop and change. How do you define 'train'? Alt- rockers? Not really. Aor? No. Pop? Not quite. But they have elements of all of these - and add in some country and some Latin rhythms!
Sounds awful.
It isn't. It is a fantastic performance. Melodious with beautiful lyrics.
Album of the year so far.
By a long way.
on 20 May 2012
This ia a great Album again from Train. Listen to the words, there's a story.
Great driving CD which you can listen to over and over again.
Next time they tour, see them live. You will love their music even more.
Come back to England Train- We love You!
on 7 May 2012
Dont get me wrong, as soon as I saw "New Train album" pop up in my spotify "whats new" not a force in the world could prevent me from listening to every song 10 times and then singing them to each one of my class mates again and again but this is no Save Me San Francisco, that album just had endless replayability, this one seems to have dropped off that radar a little, I adore Bruises, 50 ways to say goodbye and there own personal appologie in Califonia 37 (that was a nice touch), and I'll be whistleing the opening rift to You Can Finally Meet My Mum for months, but I'll be singing Hey Soul Sister at my wedding and dancing to Drops of Jupiter at my 65th birthday, none of the songs on this album seem to have that same effect on me. Patrick Monahans voice will be the thing that will draw you into this album, as with every other Train album, there is nothing wrong with the tallent, nothing wrong with the songs, just doesnt feel like the album has its Hey Soul Sister.

Four stars for its quality, lost one for its lack of stand out song.
on 21 April 2012
That I like this album isn't in doubt but how much I like it is. There is certainly a departure from their normal relatively straight forward AOR style. This album is more acoustic, a bit folky in places with a bit of country and rap thrown in, plus some latin influences along with more traditional full blown anthemic choruses. Often these different styles can surface on the same track! Having given it a couple of plays, it has certainly left me wanting more. I think they have left enough of their normal style in the mix to satisfy die hard fans but I'm not sure the change in direction will attract a new market, which is what they are surely trying to do. I think their first single off the album 'Drive In' is their fastest selling track in the USA but I'm not sure there is anything else as commercial on the rest of the album. So for me the jury is still out but I think I can fairly safely say that it will never match the irresistible consistency of 'Save Me San Francisco'. This doesnt make it a bad album though. In summary, it's worth buying to make your own mind up.
on 16 May 2012
First Train album I've ever bought (downloaded it from amazon earlier today), and it's fantastic. Loved their Shake Up Xmas song from couple years back (the best Xmas song ever recorded in my opinion) and got tempted by what seemed to be more of the same when listening to the preview snippets.

The full album didn't disappoint and starts off with two exceptional pieces of pop music. Thisll Be My Year chronicles the past few decades just like We Didn't Start The Fire. Drive By is similar in sound and gets the album off to a flyer. The whole album is great but the opening 2 numbers are probably my favourites - although its still very early days so tht may well change.

Very few albums I fall in love with after just 1 listen but this is definitely one of them. I can tell already this ill be THE album of the summer as far as I'm concerned (provided we get one of course!)
on 24 April 2012
Can't say i agree with some of these reviews. This album is brilliant because it's not predictable. Try to stop playing "Drive By" it's infectious. Why would you want to make the same album over again?
on 28 April 2012
I have loved train's lively yet laid back style since their breakout hits from 'Save me San Francisco' and so I was really looking forward this album. I was certainly not disappointed! The album starts with the fantastic 'This'll be my year' which has a thumping chorus and will definitely get you singing along. Other highlights for me were 'Bruises' featuring the wonderfully refreshing country vocals of Ashley Monroe, Mermaid a good summer tune and the title track 'California 37'. Most of the songs on the album are lighthearted however some verge on being a little too sweet. However, it still feels right and in keeping with the album as a whole. Overall this is a very listenable album with some awesome tunes which will definitely get stuck in your head. Well recommended
on 16 April 2012
HAVE HAD THIS CD 3 HOURS AND HAVE HAD IT ON REPEAT ALL MORNING,
THIS IS A JUST PURE (1ST ) CLASS FROM A VERY UNDER RATED BAND.
WE START OFF WITH THE VERY CATCHY THIS`LL BE MY YEAR & THE LATEST SINGLE DRIVE BY, THEN WE THE BEAUTIFUL DUET BRUISES ( WITH ASHLEY MONROE ). THE OTHER HIGHLIGHTS ARE 50 WAYS TO SAY GOODBYE , THE HAUNTING LYRICS OF YOU CAN FINALLY MEET MY MUM, WE WERE MADE FOR THIS, THE GREAT VOCALS OF PAT MONAHAN ON WHEN THE FOG ROLLS IN AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE BONUS TRACK OF TO BE LOVED . THIS CD IS A WORTHY FOLLOW UP TO "SAVE ME SAN FRANCISCO"
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU BUY THIS ALBUM.... ( IN FACT YOU`LL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL ) 1ST CLASS ALL THE WAY.
on 11 May 2012
First off, the idiot who wrote a review from the BBC above should be sacked, then again I feel sorry for him, theres not a lot of great bands in the UK right now, I'm English, I no full well! Train, a band that have raw talent, emotion, a soulful yet powerful voice that hits you like a tonne of bricks and puts you 'in that moment'. I came across train about 8 years ago, I have every album, there not my favourite band, but there up there. This album....as the idiot BBC reviewer says are pushing boundaries, but its still a cracking album, full of soulful tunes, get in your car, have a sing a long, listen in bed and have a bit of an emotional moment to yourself, this album is good, a must for any Train fan. Its different to what we have in the UK, you will hear the single, believe me its just for the radio, the rest of the material captures the moment that you want it to superbly.