Customer reviews

Once in a Lifetime - The 25th Anniversary Collection
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 June 2012
Clearly Dave Willetts concert fans will enjoy this CD and I can understand their joy at this compilation being released. However, as someone who has not been to a Dave Willetts concert and only seen him in the confines of classic musicals this was not the CD for me. Ok, there are some medleys from the shows but for the most part the orchestrations for the live tracks were too hyper for me. Also, I found his voice higher than in the parts he has played on stage and here I am thinking of South Pacific where he was excellent on all the major ballads in the show but sadly they are not on this CD.I can acknowledge the performance of songs from "Phantom" as being very good. So the message is, if you like Dave Willetts in the shows then this is not necessarily the collection for you. On the other hand if you want a good recording of him "in concert" then it probably will suit you well.
on 31 May 2012
A truly magnificent collection of songs, sung by arguably the best ever Phantom of the Opera. The first play of this CD was a truly unforgettable experience, as Dave Willetts possesses one of those unique voices that can instantly transport you back to the moment when he performed some of this collection live in a theatre.
Buy this, or your music collection will poorer for not having done so!
on 11 September 2013
I've followed Dave's career for around 20 years now and seen him in countless shows and concerts. This is a great collection for fans old and new, including much of the live concert material we all came to know and love as well as some show classics. Absolute must for any fan of Dave or musical theatre in general.
on 4 June 2012
Superb vocal quality is what we have come to expect from Dave and this will not dissapoint. If you are not a fan now you will be after listening to the incredible talent that is Dave Willetts.

If you get the chance to catch DAve in a live performance do not miss it. This guy is just as good an actor as singer. He makes his rolls come alive. My husband and I have been fans from day 1 and we look forward to many more iconic performances from Dave.
on 4 June 2012
This latest album is dave willetts' 25 year anniversary collection. It showcases a wide variety of genres and shows what a versitile singer he is. My Favourites are 'I'll see you
In my dreams', 'we love who we love' and Of course 'the phantom of the opera medley'. His newest songs show how his voice is as powerful and emotive as ever. I would highly recommend this album.
on 10 November 2012
There have been some fantastic press reviews of Dave's new album, here are just a handful of quotes relating to the CD!

"Undoubtedly Willetts is one of the best musical theatre performers to emerge from the West End in the last 25 years, as this CD demonstrates. His powerful voice is distinctive with a remarkable range."
STAGE WHISPERS (June 2012)

"Willetts shows just how versatile a performer he is by singing a vast array of different styles, in addition to the musical theatre ones that he is most associated with. This recording encapsulates the broad spectrum of Willetts' career and I sincerely hope it has great success."
BROADWAY WORLD (June 22nd 2012)

"This CD includes well loved favourites from all of these shows and more in a mix of live concert recordings and studio tracks. Sitting alongside the musical theatre tracks are songs ranging in style from gentle ballads to the upbeat and vibrant all performed in the recognisable charming style of his live performances. Although there are obvious biases towards musical theatre tracks, this CD is an enjoyable listen for any one and with 21 tracks and nearly 80 minutes of music in a world where the average CD clocks in at about 45 minutes it is well worth a listen."
THE PUBLIC REVIEWS (November 2012)
on 11 November 2012
I've been meaning to write this review since I bought the CD when it came out. It really is the most fantastic CD ever. What I love about Dave's voice is that you always know it's him-he has such a unique voice, with a really gorgeous tone to it. The CD really shows off his voice brilliantly, and he is equally as good singing powerful songs as he is with soft ballads. There really is something for everyone on the CD, with a very wide range of music, from popular classics to show tunes. I love the fact that Dave has included some less well known show songs-he hasn't just included the obvious ones (which I love too). Hearing 'I dreamed You' from 'Jekyll' brought back very happy memories of a trip to Bromley to see that amazing show. Even if you've never seen Dave live before I am sure you will love the CD-I really can't stress just how beautiful his voice is. The duet with Carol Woods (We Love Who We Love) is stunning, and hearing Dave's version of 'Feels Like Home' is worth the price of 100 CDs-it really is amazing. I really can't sing the praises of this CD enough-it is just brilliant. I listen to it on the way to and from work every day and it makes the daily Scotrail commute so much easier!
on 16 July 2012
Fantastic Album from Dave Willets .Material recorded form his 25 years in Musical Theatre.I and I,m sure his many other devoted fans love this album as it brings back fond memories of past experiences watching Dave preform live . I have all of Dave,s previous albums ,love them all .What,s even more special about this one is it,s a complete mixture of previous recordings and some that I,ve waited for , for along time. Even if you have never before listened to Dave Willets this album is Dave at his best .Included on the album are songs from "Phantom of tne opera" "Le Miserables" Top Stage Shows of the past 25 years . However there are also songs from Daves career that not everyone will have seen or heard unless a Fan from the early days of his career.Song's such as "Someone like you" the title song from Dave's Starring role in the Musical of the same name written by and co- starring Petula Clark.

Great songs from fantastic shows recorded by a unusual and unique voice talent.
on 4 June 2012
This is a wonderful summary of Dave Willetts's career, with songs taken from each step of his quarter-century journey. The album is a mix of live recordings and (with a couple of exceptions) previously-unreleased studio recordings. The two new 2012 recordings, "Feels Like Home" and "I'll See You In My Dreams", show that the emotional range of his voice is as strong as ever - his great talent in getting exactly the right dramatic feel is a highlight throughout. His signature tune, "This is the Moment" from Jekyll and Hyde, sounds as powerful as it ever did, but what's most impressive is the sheer range of material - from powerhouse showstoppers to gentle ballads to pop songs. Highly recommended.
So pleased to finally see a new album from Dave Willetts, arguably one of the finest and unique voices in the West End.

And what an album! So nice to hear all the live tracks and in particular 'The Phantom' Medley! As for the unreleased studio tracks, these are a real treat! Particular highlights include the MOR pop song 'Stay Awhile' and the very radio friendly duet 'We Love Who We Love' performed with Carol Woods.

With 21 tracks and nearly 80 minutes of music, this is true value for money. You won't be dissapointed!