on 18 September 2013
Bought this as a replacement and well pleased with it as excellent value and performance. Highly recommend it to anyone for solid basic use
on 7 June 2016
Seagate are fine - recommended - but REALTECHNOLOGY clearly cannot be trusted having supplied a product labeled 'Samsung' contrary to a clear 'make and model' description: 'Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint 500GB 2.5 inch SATA Internal Hard Drive'. It's not good enough to pass these drives off as 'Seagate' simply because Seagate absorbed the company - that doesn't make it the same item or quality, Frankly, I've been misled and my time wasted, an unnecessary delay and inconvenience. Samsung were/are in fact the poorest quality hard-drives on the market behind Hitachi. Seagate are the best ahead of Western Digital. Notwithstanding a surplus of Samsung and Hitachi, they having been bought out by Seagate and WD; the mantle of the poorest quality drive is now passed to Toshiba.
on 1 February 2014
Ordered from Digital Components Ltd (dclstore) item arrived and is a Samsung branded drive, which is not an issue as its still a Seagate unit but what annoyed me was that the drive was a "Certified Repaired" unit and therefore not a new item which i find very cheeky, the Certified Repaired drive should have gone back to the person who had their drive fail but whats clearly happened is they have sent that person a new drive and when they got this warranty replacement back they thought they would sell it to me
on 30 November 2015
We put this in our Gigabyte Brix (Ultra Small Format PC) that we use for a mail server. It was easy to install and works perfectly.
on 18 April 2014
Replaced a smaller HD (120GB) in my friend tosh laptop (running Vista) and reinstalled the o/s and it quiet, fast and no issues
on 5 February 2014
I recently purchased a WD 500GB HDD for my friends failed Toshiba HDD and I was horrified it was dropped through the letterbox in an Amazon book packaging offering no protection whatsoever..

Needless to say I was delighted to see this disk come in a small box with sponge protection inside a larger box with package filling offering ultimate protection from any impacts.

Highly recommended seller and HDD. A++
on 21 September 2015
Perfect hard drive replacement for my ps3. I bought this hard drive for my ps3 after reading good reviews regarding its performance. My old hard drive would cause certain games to freeze and stutter (found out it was a hard drive issue by trawling the internet) so i purchased this one based on positive reviews and it has delivered perfect performance, fixing all my stutter/freeze/lag issues
on 1 January 2014
You wont get 500gb from it when it is prepped up ,more like high 400g.
a real plus was s/ware is available from the seagate site to help clone the smaller drive that I was changing it for.
However this was not as easy as it looked,the hp recovery s/ware had to be partly run from cd first before the seagate s/ware would complete the clone process.
on 5 November 2016
Not as advertised. This is a Samsung branded drive.

Appears new, but haven't checked using any utility. Comes in sealed anti-static bag and worked OK in an older HP laptop. Installed windows 10 with no issues.

Had to order twice as AMAZON driver left the first order under the garden hedge in the rain.
on 20 December 2012
The hard drive is silent, responsive and has been totally reliable so far. I would recommend this drive to any of my friends and relatives.