Customer reviews

on 2 March 2017
Very good book
on 27 January 2013
I don't often give 5 star reviews but this book totally deserves it, I absolutely loved it! Grayson Finley is my kind of hero, he doesn't dress like your typical regency gentleman, he doesn't care what 'society' thinks of him, he's a bad boy, loveable rogue, gorgeous and a pirate! He has just inherited the title 'Viscount Stoke' and has moved to London with his 12 year old daughter to give her a stable life.

He moves next door to Lady Alexandra Alistair, a young widow who was shamed in society by her cheating husband who died falling down his mistresses stairs. She is compiling a list of potential husbands and it's whilst considering adding Grayson to the list one night that she hears Grayson being attacked next door and runs to help, her life will never be the same.

What follows is a gripping, fun, sexy regency romp. The villain, pirate hunter Captain James Ardmore, is fabulous and is the perfect nemesis for Grayson. All of the characters are well written and the story keeps a good pace and it never gets boring. Grayson and Alexandra are perfect for each other and their antics in the bedroom are hot!

This book has it all, plenty of action, plenty of sex and lots of fun and I recommend anyone who enjoys historical romance to buy it. It's a bargain at only 77p and is a full length novel, great value for money. It's certainly a book I will read again and I can't wait to start The Pirate Hunters Lady, the next in the series, featuring the fabulous Captain James Ardmore as the hero.
on 17 December 2012
When I got this book, I knew it had good reviews but I wasn't really sure what I expected.But I absolutely loved it! It's romantic, sexy and funny. It's got the suspense and a bit of mystery. I enjoy romances that have humour in them as well (like Julia Quinn's books), for instance I'll just say the scene in the ball with Jacob...read the book and you'll know what I'm talking about, I don't want to ruin anything. It had me howling.
I'm very partial to a pirate romance as well, so this book had all the elements for me, and I can't wait to get started on James Ardmore's story in Pirate Hunter's Lady.
The only downside of this book is that it kept me up all night because I absolutely had to know what happened, so now I'm really tired. The same will probably happen to you, but it's so worth it :)
on 17 October 2013
What to say about this book? For once I am almost speechless.
It starts well, very well, with the heroine saving the hero from being hung in his own home - and ends with a HEA - but in the middle - well WOW!
At the risk of spoilers *SPOILER* alert - there is a scene 3/4 of the way through where the heroine is paraded naked and in chains on the deck of a pirate ship moored in the Thames in Regency London. Wow!
I'm still in shock, - and that doesn't happen very often.
I can't decide whether it was awesomely refreshing or completely unbelievable - but heck I enjoyed the ride.
on 11 September 2013
This was a racy lascivious novel of passion. Refreshingly told a good story with great characters without the unnecessary swearing and lewdness. A book for women who love to fantasize themselves as the heroine. Some scenes I actually blushed. Wouldn't recommend this book to children so Mum keep it out of their reach.
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2008
I was utterly charmed by this book. Everything worked for me - the writing style, the chemistry between hero and heroine. Altogether a wonderfully enjoyable read, which, I must admit, I started in the evening and finished early morning... I just could not bring myself to put the book down!
on 3 March 2016
Brilliant - A proper respectable Regency Widow, looking to remarry. Enter the Rogue who lives next door, who has spent most of his life pirating on the high seas! Kidnapping, revenge, intrigue, French spy, romantic and funny story. Jacob at the ball was a very Laugh Out Loud moment. I strongly recommend this book.
on 3 April 2006
I loved this book, I thought the characters were amazing and the story was exciting and well thought out. The racy moments were not bad either...
The story outlines a women's timid upbringing and what happens when she clashes with a handsome stranger who is exciting and dangerous. Widow Alexandra Alistair and pirate Captain Grayson Finley aka Viscount Stoke are the new Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett.
Great Story, Great Characters... a must read!
on 6 December 2012
I devoured all three books in this series, and moved straight on to the MacKenzie brothers. Jennifer Ashley creates perfect heroes, with exactly the right heroines to worship them. Utterly spellbinding. I desperately want more of them!
on 23 February 2013
something I would not normally pick up but I loved it and I wanted more when I finished. Would love a story with his daughter...