Extra Select Wild Bird Peanuts, 12.75 kg
Flavour Name: Peanuts|Size: 12.75 kg|Change

on 17 June 2014
the birds like this. earlier I bought some cheaper stuff and the birds just chucked out half of it (naughty)
This one is good
on 11 December 2013
My birds are loving this,can grab food quickly,before larger birds,try to muscle in ! Its nice not having to clean up the mess on the ground. I would definitely buy again :o)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013
I use these to mix with 'value' bird seed I buy from amazon. I am currently mixing 2/3 value bird seed with 1/3 of these sunflower seeds and the birds seem to love them. I can actually stand and fill the feeders and scatter food on the ground and the birds will come while I am there. I can see them all going for the black sunflower seeds first before attacking the other seeds.

Another great advantage is that provided you have storage space then you don't have to carry it back from the shops!
on 13 January 2016
I love these sunflower hearts, nearly as much as the birds. No, I don't eat them, but they save me so much work in the garden, avoiding that awful clearance job under feeders when the birds reject seeds that they don't like. There isn't one of my birdie visitors that doesn't like them and I have to ration them to one feeder-full per day. Never any left over and any seed accidentally dropped on the floor is quickly gobbled up by our visiting pheasants and blackbirds. Yes, it's more expensive than bird seed mixes but undoubtedly worth it - giving the birds a quick energy boost and ensuring no wastage at all.
on 9 June 2016
I have tried quite a few brands of mealworms & I always come back to these. I dont give the birds dry mealworms,what I do is i put so many in a dish & just add a bit of warm water & stir with my fingers, adding more water or more mealworms until they feel soft. I find the mealworms are to brittle, thats why i add water,you should see the birds cramming as many of these soft mealworms in their beaks,its like the puffins you see on tv where the beaks are full of fish.I also break up fatballs & add this to the mealworms & stir with the fingers, the wet fatballs stick to the mealworms & the birds love it. Try it,the birds love it.
on 9 July 2015
You get what you pay for here, in fact I can buy this type of seed elsewhere cheaper.
It's a great scatter feed for pigeons & doves as it's full of wheat but no good for feeders to attract small birds as they won't bother sifting through it in search of the edible seeds for their palate.

I can still use it as I live next to a woodland with pigeons & doves so will chuck it over the fence for them but wouldn't want this stuff sprouting in my garden or moulding in my feeders.

It depends what you want to attract in your garden.
I feed all birds but know from experience this type of seed will not bring any tits, finches, wrens, robins, sparrows, dunnocks or woodpeckers, in other words the pretty ones, nor will it entice blackbirds or thrushes to your garden.

It will bring in pigeons, doves, crows, jackdaws & starlings, but even those last 3 can be fussy!
on 19 June 2017
I have had to edit this review. Although this is the cheapest I could find with free delivery, and birds supposedly love them all year round. There is a lot of debris, and there is a lot of waste as the birds throw a lot away. The ground has become matted with unopened seeds.
I will have to try something else. Not recommended
on 13 July 2016
* BEWARE - COST
In haste, I Misread the quantity UNITS! You would expect it to be in Kilograms but NO, it is in Litres. So 5 LITRES is actually only 1Kg! for £20! This is 3 times the cost I paid recently (£6.47 per 1Kg from Maltby's) Yes, I do note that these are labelled - Extra Select.
I have never known animal or bird feed to be sold by the Litre.
Does this come under the heading of 'Sharp Practice'?
on 11 September 2014
A good mix of different seeds & though it does contain some wheat, the percentage isn't too much. I use this as a base into which I mix chopped peanuts & sunflower hearts & the large feeder I use is emptied by the birds in a day.
I'm on my second bag of this & will happily continue using it, as the value is exceptional.
on 18 August 2017
This is a very good, economical buy for quality Sunflower Hearts but the packaging is a nightmare!! Two layers of paper with a thin layer of plastic is NOT PUNCTURE PROOF packaging! It needs to be, with the potential loss of such expensive seed! I have bought several of the 20kg packs over the past year and most have arrived damaged, with varying degrees of contents loss. Today it arrived in the worst condition, a long split down the back that made it difficult for the van driver to carry and required him to use a dustpan and brush to collect several lots of the spillage in his van to give to us what he could! This is a very good, careful delivery person of many years' standing so he was mortified that the package had fallen against another boxed package and split while he was accessing it.

Please consider extra packaging of some kind!