on 18 March 2018
Bought the album after seeing her on Later with Jools Holland.First time for a very long time that I played an album through twice.very 60's/70's style.Elements of Dusty,Sandie Shaw and even Linda Ronstadt together with that big Walker Brothers production.Nice to see a new female artist who doesn't want to be a Beyonce/Whitney/girls aloud clone.
on 18 January 2015
This is a brilliant album. I'd never even heard of Ren Harvieu until my brother rang me to ask if I wanted to go to one of her gigs,in Leeds at The Brudenell Social Club. I went to the gig and it was brilliant,though sadly not well-attended,due to it being a horrible Sunday night in mid-December. Her singing was wonderful,the band fantastic and between-songs-banter very good too. There isn't a weak track on the album,one or two tracks are a bit James Bond-esque (no detriment there) and some will stick in your head (if you're owt like me) for hours on end. I hope she brings out another album soon,I'll be buying it if she does and I'm looking forward to more "live" gigs. To see her in Manchester,she's from Salford,would be amazing!
on 23 January 2013
RH has an amazing voice with such range, clarity and power. For a debut album this could become a classic. Totally different from most other singers of her age and on a par with Adele. Listen to the sampler tracks - but no comparison to playing the full tracks off the CD (I rarely buy downloads!)

P.S. to original review submission: played this a number of times now on high grade kit as well as on MP3 - Ren has a fabulous voice and this CD is a real cut above the average pop. Could be the best CD I have bought in five years. Would jump at the chance to see her live on the basis of this....waiting for the next offering.
on 1 January 2018
How Ren Harvieu isn’t better known is a mystery. I love this album - first bought ages ago and since bought as a present. Her voice is just beautiful and the songs are gorgeous, too.
on 2 September 2015
If it's possible to wear out CDs by repeated playing, then I'm surely about to wear this one through. With an almost operatic voice as finely tuned as a harp, yet as powerful as a whole orchestra's worth of violins, she shows a strength and a vulnerability that is absolutely captivating.

There are no filler tracks. Every one is superb, and I simply can't stop playing it. Must be driving my mum nuts...
on 26 May 2012
Yes, when these days the rotten Eurovision Contest does its best to show everybody the deepdownside of pop "TVdemocratic music", Ren gives us some light. You can even trace in her music (Walking In The Rain)some of the best ABBA from when Eurovision meant something. There's also R&B, american contemporary, Roy Orbison and many other scents, all of good and proud music.That is fair, heartful music you should listen and enjoy. I know I did.
There are only four stars because it is yet a tiny step behind the full five - Amy MacDonald. Already waiting for the next albun, thank you, Ren.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 June 2015
superb. love it. love her. gorgeous. stunning voice. unique. don`t think she get`s enough recognition. first song i ever heard played on the radio was open up your arms. i was hooked. hope she does glastonbury.
on 5 March 2013
I love this album and can't stop listening to it. Every song is magical and with it's constant change of rythymic sounds from the orchestra and Rens beautiful tones this is a must buy! Her voice for some one so young is very controlled and mature beyond her years. I am really enjoying her album "Through The Night" and I look forward to hearing how Ren grows into her next album.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 October 2012
I heard Ren on the BBC and loved her voice. It is so refreshing to hear a talented young artist with a voice that transcends her actual age. This could be a 20 yr old on her first album or a 40yr old seasoned jazz Singer. The songs on the album range from good to excellent and showcase Rens voice really well.

I am sure we will hear much more from this real talent.
on 11 July 2012
I heard Ren on the Jo Wiley show just before her CD was released and ordered it straight away. She's not like anyone - she is Ren. Every song on the CD is a joy in its own right - some of them move me to tears - the clarity in her voice and heart felt rich emotion makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck - and everywhere else! Bring it on Ren - but please don't change - stay the same sweat, brave young woman you are.