Customer reviews

Reign Supreme (Deluxe Edition)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 July 2013
When listening to Reign Supreme, I thought it was one of the best new albums of 2012 (I bought it as soon as it was released or near that, I can't remember for certain), it's certainly one of the best albums Dying Fetus released. As ever from Dying Fetus, all the songs in this album have thick, heavy riffs, topped with excellent guitar work and low guttural vocals from John Gallagher (who is the only original member of the band remaining), equally excellent bass guitar work and aggressive vocals from Sean Beasley, and also very fast drumming from Trey Williams. I would say this is on par with their previous album from 2009, Descend into Depravity, although according to John Gallagher, "The last album had some groove in it, but [it] was basically a lot of tech; this one is a return to form of older Dying Fetus albums, so to speak -- more modern production, though, of course. Everything's tight, the sound is crushing, the drums are amazing".

Overall, I very highly recommend Reign Supreme as I believe that is one of the best albums released by Dying Fetus, who are one of my favourite death metal bands of all time. Let's hope that any more albums they make will be just as good as this one. Very well done to John Gallagher and his bandmates, keep up the great work.
on 15 July 2012
This is a pretty solid effort from Maryland Death Metal titans Dying Fetus. The riffs are thick and heavy, the drumming is super fast and the vocals are great.

The only thing I can say with negative regard for Reign Supreme is the strange almost Deathcore like sound they're putting into some of the songs. On my first couple of listens, I found Reign Supreme to quite generic and dare I say, boring? I can appreciate the fact that DF have always had that hardcore spin on their songs, but this for me goes beyond what I would comfortably listen to normally. However, after getting used to this new sound, I discovered something strangely special that was actually very enjoyable, and the song structure and technical ability of this 3 piece group do to an extent compensate for this new watered down sound that Dying Fetus seem to be running with.

Taking that into account, the entire album is an angry, world hating and generally savage assault on the hearing. Good album, but lacking in that certain something Dying Fetus have always presented before.

6.5/10.
on 16 November 2016
Amazing album. I've always loved things like Napalm Death and Devildriver, but this is fresh and new and just flipping awesome. Very heavy, very technical, and the deepest vocals I've heard in a long time. Dying Fetus deserve to be a top name band really.
on 4 July 2012
When I first streamed this album at Metalsucks.net I was disappointed I thought it was dull and boring, but I was listening to it at 2am and I was tired, I then listened to it again the next day and absolutely loved it fast riffs and drums held my attention along with amazing techinicality this album has kept me encapsulated in awe and I've listened to it about 4 times now.
on 1 January 2015