on 6 September 2014
Good story, but keeps referring, our hero, back to himself. Surprise ending
on 16 April 2017
Another great novel from Sinclair Macleod in his Reluctant Detective series. Death visits the Scottish rock and roll music scene as the body count piles up in Glasgow. A worthy edition to Sinclair's 'Tartan Noir' series. Check this one out.
on 22 November 2014
I would refer readers of this review to those for the first 2 Reluctant Detective books. Once again, I find myself very comfortable with the central character. He is such a pleasant fellow; in sharp contrast to the usual nasty creatures who inhabit most modern detective stories as the "hero" of the tale.
This is another exciting yarn, well told, coping with the restrictions of relating it in the first person, while using all the advantages the form affords. Further improvements in proof reading have helped reduce the distractions of inappropriate grammar and spellings. Mr Macleod is now firmly on my list of favourite authors.
on 6 February 2013
I enjoyed this book very much. It was very well written and kept me interested all the time. The character was very well portrayed and I shall be looking out for more of Sinclair Macleod's work.
on 26 July 2012
This is the third book I have read in this series. I enjoyed it just as much as the others. A fast moving plot with a few twists and turns along the way. As far as Scottish thrillers goes this is right up there with the best. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
on 11 November 2013
Love this bloke's style and language and his slight preoccupation with architecture in the midst of the mysteries. It's real, believable and yet intriguing. Will have some more.
on 20 August 2013
I thought this book was amazing - brilliantly written. It took a different stance from some of his other novels and was very well researched into the life of a popular band.
on 23 January 2013
An entertaining detective story with a suitably theatrical setting. The "Reluctant Detective" series alwys provides a good read for cold dark wintery days.
on 19 March 2013
I found this book amusing in parts and believable even in reference to the criminal side. The fact it was set in the Glasgow area made it even more realistic as I live nearby. I am looking forward to his next book. I enjoy reading books set in an area I have some knowledge of.
on 4 May 2013
There are two storylines the main one being about the murders of a pop group manager and its lead singer and the more personal one with Craig's mum. A good read.