• Customer reviews

on 8 April 2015
came with a few marks on it maybe from delivery if those marks weren't there it would be a five star, More room than i expected i have 2 monitors and both the xbox one and ps4 sitting on top and there is still room for another monitor for my pc if i wished to buy anther, I also have a few other bits on top like speakers and controllers for my consoles love the desk just a shame about the marks on the corners
review image
33 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 August 2017
Arrived way ahead of schedule - easy to build (even single-handed) has easy to follow instructions - including for, whichever corner you need it to go in(left or right) and under which desk you want the keyboard tray - took me a little over 30 minutes to build - looks great - lots of room on the desk surface
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 August 2017
Moved into a new house and needed a desk two people can use without getting in each other's way. This is great. Took 15 minutes to put together by myself. Came with everything you need to set it up. Excellent quality.
on 12 October 2016
We absolutely love this desk! It provides so much desk space. We were surprised at how high quality it is for the price. Firstly, it is very well packaged. The corners all have plastic protectors on which I have never seen before! It also comes with the tools needed to put the desk together which is really convenient. The instructions go through all the different ways that you can put the desk together - very useful as it allows you to easily choose the configuration that you want. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's perfect - exactly what i need for my home office!
on 5 November 2015
This is the best desk I have ever bought, both in terms of value and quality. It is very simple to put together, sturdy and stylish.
I know some people say that you really need 2 people to assemble it and while it may be easier it is still no trouble to do it by yourself. Just unpack it and lay all the pieces out so you can see what is what. It comes supplied with simple instructions as well as a spanner, a screwdriver and all of the fixings. Including a few spares. The desktops are surprisingly heavy and certainly do not look or feel like the veneer-covered MDF that most desks are made of. They have a mellanine surface that has enough texture to be anti-slip but not enough to feel rough. It is very easy to clean and all the edges are chamferred. The legs are a tubular steel construction which, when put together, give the desk a very solid and strong base. One item supplied is not on the instruction leaflet, but its purpose is self-explanatory. It is a long bar that stretches from one end of the long side to the other just under the desktop surface. It provides strength to support a significant amount of weight, whether it is multiple monitors or printer and computer.
Another nice factor that I have not seen on many other desks, even the much more expensive ones, is that the bolt holes in the undersides of the desktops have a steel insert to screw into. This helps prevent any tearing of the wooden surface. Indeed the only screws that go directly into the wooden surface are the ones that are for the keyboard tray which is not designed for carrying weight anyways.
When you have the whole desk assembled it is rock solid. No wobble or sway at all. As mentioned elsewhere in other reviews the desk is fully reversible. You can place the long side to either the left or right, you can use the corner section or not and the keyboard tray can be attached to either desktop. Just remember that where the corner section goes, you need to put the desk legs with the correct bolt holes to allow fixing. If you get the legs mixed up (because they all look the same) you might find that some holes appear to be missing so make sure they are in the right places before attaching the desktops. If they are not, it is the work of only a couple of minutes to swap them around.
In summary then, this is by far the best desk I have ever bought. I have paid similar money in the past (and sometimes significantly more!) and received cheap-looking MDF, veneers that peel away and a general instability even when only lightly nudged. The Dorado desk is of high quality at a superb price and I have no qualms about recommending it to anyone.
on 14 January 2016
This desk is brilliant, lots of space, 4 ways to build the desk including one in which you can have the key bored holder thing on the larger side of the table. The desk is completely flat which is a must so pleased there.

The only reason i gave the desk 4 stars is because...

Look, with a little common sense and will power its do able. I built it on my own, probably not a good idea for people who are not as stupid as i am. Don't let the whole building thing put you off though, I genuinely enjoy this desk very smart.

I was originally going to buy a desk for £169.00 that looked very similar to this one and all i can say is I'm glad i didn't because i am very happy with this one.
on 21 August 2017
The desk tops arrived scuffed,scratched and the long side has a huge dent in it. Perhaps these are not the manufacturer or the sellers fault, although I suspect it is as it was well packaged, suggesting it left the factory in that condition. However, this is fairly cheap for a reason, it is very badly made with very cheap materials. The corner has minimal support with no 'legs' therefore if you wish to place your monitor or whatever there, it is not advisable. I did not realise how small it was in depth (my fault) It is definitely a kids desk, I am not a big man only 5ft 8 and slim, but I struggle to use it. Might still return it if I can get it back in the box.

If you want a cheap desk that will last a couple of yrs max, then buy this, if you want quality look elsewhere. I regret the purchase I'm sad to say.
on 5 October 2016
I think this desk is brilliant value and once I'd Sussed out the first mistakes I made(I brought 2 of these!) the 2nd one took 45mins... I love them only negative is that they are a little narrow but that's not a deal breaker... as you can see in the pic I added 2 together as I wanted a large bench type look..perfect
on 20 February 2016
I am very happy with my purchase; it went together without problems and was exactly as described. My old work station is still in place and complements it excellently with the result that I can work on both my computers very easily. As a writer of technical books I have to handle drawings, photographs and text and so I am frequently working on both machines (Windows 7 won't handle my old CAD and twenty or thirty years of drawings) with my chair between them.
I can thoroughly recommend this work station.

Laurie Penman
on 25 December 2017
Table is ok but it does not have the beveled edge as per picture this was one of the reasons why i brought it. Also the corner piece does not sit level due to the brackets having too big a slot so it slides down. Also the metal bars at the bottom get in the way a bit could have been better designed shame cos for the price it could have been a good desk.