on 9 January 2013
I have been getting a bad back and neck recently at work. I can't remember how I found this item but OMG get one! I have been using it since it arrived (quickly and packed well) and my back and neck have been so much better. Yes, bed of nails is another name for these and yes they are sharp so do read the instructions that come with it. It comes in a duffel bag and I have been taking to work everyday too. Looking forward to doing some yoga using this too as this aparently makes the yoga more effective. Highly recommend this item.
on 25 April 2013
I didn't quite appreciate that is would be as small as a large pillow case size.
Also no information came with it, and I know with acupressure mat's my friends have had, you do have to weary of how long you use it for etc.
It came in a handy carry case, however the mat was rolled in it, with the spikes to the outside, which meant getting it out of the carry case was difficult and could damage the carry case.
It's a good price though, so all in all, not bad. :-)
on 22 April 2013
Just as good as ones costing three times the price - I know, I bought this one and an expensive one to compare them. The more expensive one had a much more substantial carrying bag but the two mats appeared to be of the same size and quality. Do they work? Yes.
on 28 October 2013
Suffered back pain for years, and have bought various random devices to help alleviate it. This is one of the few that has any effect. This is the second one I bought - it's cheaper, but there's no difference in quality. In fact, it feels a bit sharper - like the original one did when I first started using it. I assumed I'd become accustomed to the spikes, but maybe they just blunt over time?
on 10 November 2012
Liked the idea of mat but was unsure how good it would be.Followed instruction to like and meditate on mat and found spikes were not painful but gave support and relieved stiff shoulders and back pain. mat does take a bit of effort to take in and out of bag but does get easier with use and bag makes a great bolster for yin yoga postures. well worth the money
on 22 March 2014
I have only used this mat a few times, but I am entirely satisfied with it. I have inserted a coat hanger at the end, so I can hang it up, as the "spikes" are very sharp and it needs to be "out of the way" when not in use.
The acupressure concept is excellent, and I use the personal "finger pressure" method myself, as well as using this mat and the bed of nails pillow. They really DO work. I use them for occasional back and neck pain. It does not take long to get used to the "sharpness" of the spikes. I used a teeshirt or thin pillow case initially, until I grew accustomed to the spikes.
on 18 January 2013
My mat arrived promptly. and i find it very comfortable to use, and easy to roll back up into its own little bag. All in all its excellent value for money, and recommended as an item to boost vitatlity.
on 10 December 2015
Strangely enough this is actually a very relaxing mat to lie on once you've got yourself in a comfortable position. It may be a placebo effect but using this mat does seem to have reduced my lower back pain.

It can take a little trial and error to roll back up and put back into the carry bag, I've also noticed the foam inside can protrude from the cover which means a little adjustment is sometimes needed.
on 4 November 2013
I paid more than this, so this is a bargain! Mine is an ample size to lie on, with my shoulders on the top and my lower back on the bottom. It can only help with all the acupressure points! You can lie on your front also. I do find I need at least a Tshirt on (not being brave enough to lie on the spikes direct).
on 1 June 2016
I was not comfortable when i started to use very first time, But within few days i really enjoyed this acupressure mat, it gives immediate relief to the back ache and tried legs by producing the heat and triggering the nerves. I use this mat almost every day and sometimes i sleep on this mat.

See one answered question