on 13 May 2013
I bought this as an upgrade for my 3DS XL to replace the standard 4gb (class 4) card that comes with it.

I considered a lot of different SDHC cards from various brands, but settled on this one due to the large numbers of positive reviews and the good price/performance ratio.

The card seems to work perfectly so far. I copied all the data from my old SD card to this one using the Kingston USB 3 Multi Card Reader and after putting it in my 3DS XL I could just pick up where I left off without issue. So far I haven't found any problems with reading from or writing to the card.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming was the speed. While the SanDisk Ultra is still faster than the class 4 Samsung card that is included with a 3DS XL on purchase, the difference is less noticeable than I was expecting from a Class 10 card, often only resulting in very minor reductions in loading times.

That's only a minor gripe for me, as my main objectives were to increase storage space and get a card that works (and continues to work) and this card seems to have achieved both, though how durable and reliable the card will be in the long run is yet unknown. Given the warranty on these cards though, I'm reasonably positive.
17 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2014
Unfortunately I've had a bad experience with this particular SD card. Whilst at a wedding photographing, the SD card was not allowing me to playback the images and then the camera said "no image". It initially showed that 5gb had been used on the camera and on the Mac; when tried in a different computer it said that there was nothing on the card at all and maintained this on other devices. Luckily I was able to recover the images via recovery software. However, in a professional environment I require reliability. I usually use Sandisk Extreme cards, but thought I'll give the Ultra a test; fair to say I won't be purchasing another one and this particular one will be going back.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 4 December 2014
I have quite a few 16 to 64gb class ten Micro SD cards which I use in my DSLR cameras and HD video recording equipment. These tend to be high end cards which are 'ultimate' or 'pro' cards which are double and more the cost of these. I needed a new one and thought I'd give this relatively cheap slower write speed one a go.

I used this to record a few HD video and they were absolutely fine. The images produced were bang on, clear, vibrant colours with great audio clarity. Shooting pictures with a DSLR was good too. Burst shots, high speed shots and video were all good.

This card picked everything up fine.

If you're looking for a class 10 card then give this one a go, you won't go far wrong.

Recommended.
on 8 June 2014
It's my own fault. I wanted a couple of big memory cards for my holiday and I should have paid more for a faster card. I usually use 45 or 60 MB/s (megabytes per second data transfer speed) speeds, this is 30.

I use a 5D Mark III and do a lot of 5 exposure HDR shots. This is the first time I have ever found the card can't keep up with the camera. Two things I noticed - it takes the card longer to process the 5 RAW and 5 JPEG images before I can view them....and then takes a while to display each one.......and secondly (and more concerning) is that it often stops before the last 0f the 5 shots to catch up......so I get 4 shots in quick succession, then a 5 second pause, then the final shot. If I am doing handheld HDR (which sometimes happens), this is not good. I don't think I realises how slow this card would actually be.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 November 2012
It used to be the standard recommendation for those cameras using SD storage to use 2 or 4GB Class 4 devices, class 4 because it was reasonably fast and was the fastest that many would support, and 4Gb as it allowed hundreds of shots at the resolutions which were then common. Today's camera are of generally higher resolution, some more than 4- or even 8-times those of a few years ago and the very small capacity devices now make little sense. Most recent cameras are capable of using faster storage and fully support their use and, with the very large RAW files now possible 8 and 16GB devices are not too large. They can also match in terms of the number of shots possible the power provided by today's camera batteries - change the battery and card together as they usually share a compartment.

SanDisk are also one of the largest manufacturers of flash memory devices and are reliable so the combination with an excellent price makes this a must have.

Recommended.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2013
I bought 2 of these cards to take on holiday to record stills and video. In view of warnings about compatibility I borrowed a 32GB SDXC card before purchase. My camera recommends these cards and both desktop and laptop can read the them though the computers are several years old. I bought an Apple SD card reader just before leaving and discovered when I was away that my iPad 4 would not read the cards, despite being the newest item - though it would read other SD cards. I found out later that Apple had decided not to implement this in the iPad! This meant I could not view photographs (other than on the camera) whilst away. Not a fault of the cards which performed exactly as they should and I am very pleased with them (though 2 cards was over the top in view of the amount of data they hold). The cards are recommended but make sure that your kit can read them - the only problem so far as I am concerned is the iPad. Am I glad I bought them? Definitely 'Yes'.
on 10 July 2014
After starting to shoot all my pictures in RAW on my Nikon D7100 - it became evident that I would be using up the space more quickly, as these are inevitably bigger than JPEGs - so I started looking for 64Gb cards and Sandisk are a brand that I have used before and tend to trust.

These are certainly good value on Amazon and seem to give the most for your money. Amazon have them in their frustration free packaging range and this is a big plus for me - easier to get at and they seem to be cheaper, than normal hard plastic.

This has worked well in my camera and I have no hesitation in recommending it, if you are looking for high capacity in a reasonably priced card.
on 1 September 2014
A good price and appears to work well with my Fujifilm X20 camera, which places high demands on a class 10 card, when recording at 60fps in Full HD video. Sandisk is also the camera manufacturer's recommendation - I'd agree with this, an allegedly class 10 card, unbranded, purchased from an extremely well known auction site, could not load even individual image frames at a reasonable rate, causing many irreplaceable holiday pictures from Venice to be corrupted and lost. I definitely recommend the above Sandisk card. Just out of interest, on my holiday I continued to Gibraltar, where I was advised that I could purchase it very cheaply. So I bought one. On returning home I was dismayed to find that the above San Disk card was much less expensive! Check out with Amazon first!
on 10 December 2012
After having to switch memory cards during the Olympic football final, I decided to invest in a larger capacity card to go with my shiny new Nikon S6200 compact camera. After looking in the local retailers, I realised that I could get more gigabytes online for roughly the same money as on the high street.

Thus I bought the 32gb class 10 Sandisk Ultra, the best I could afford for around £15-£20. What I completely overlooked was the fact that while the card can easily store thousands of high resolution pictures, the rechargeable battery on the camera is only good for two or three hundred before exhausting itself. Yes, I admit it was a bit of a "DOH!" moment once it hit me! As such, I'm only likely to ever use one fifth - if that - of the card unless I decide to purchase and then carry several charged up spare batteries - which is highly unlikely for a casual snapper.

Still, that's my own damn fault and transfer speeds are fast enough being a class 10 card. So my overall thoughts are yes, it's cheap for a high capacity, high speed card but make sure you're gonna need those 32 gigabytes. If not, I'd advise buying the same card but with a lower capacity and saving yourself the difference.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 June 2013
Moving from cumbersome DV Tapes to on-camera AVCHD file storage was never easier. The main question was whether one or two of these would be needed for a week's worth of shooting? DV tapes typically take 13Gb of hard drive space but I hadn't bargained with AVCHD's effective compression. Well, two week's of holiday shooting later and I have still not quite filled the card up. This pleasant surprise comes from someone who has routinely recorded up to 8 hours of video on a week's holiday before (and then has to edit the bloody thing...!)

As the price of SD cards continues to (slowly) come down, they will become a more effective storage medium for finished HD edits which can be played almost anywhere. Far more convenient that tape but it took a while form me to compile all the necessary equipment with which to make this move to HD simple and effective. PC, then Camcorder, and finally this fast SD card completed the puzzle. Does exactly what it says in the packet...!