Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.59

on 31 May 2012
I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a cd or a band. I may be a bit older than the typical 20-something fan (okay, two decades older!) but thanks to these larger than life anthems and catchy tunes, I have been reborn into a giddy and squealing fan. I haven't felt like this in years. "Some Nights" is like a roller coaster ride. It will sweep you off your feet, take you by surprise and leave you holding on tight begging for more. All of the songs are catchy and upbeat - apart from "Stars" which is quite beautiful in its own way, hypnotising and surreal. I can safely say that there is not a bad track on this cd. I love them all and if you like "We Are Young", then watch out because that is just the tip of the iceberg. Tracks that especially stand out for me include the second single, "Some Nights", "Carry On", "Why Am I the One" and the bonus track,"Out On The Town". "Some Nights" is the perfect cd to kick-start your summer and a must have addition to your cd collection.
44 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2012
I purchased this album having heard an interview with the band on the radio one Saturday morning in April. The interviewer played 'We Are Young' - and I fell in love with it instantly. It offered something different to much of the current offerings from other bands, and musically it is a masterpiece. It is well-composed and vocally strong. I decided to take a gamble on the album - I loved the single so much, that I just had to pre-order it. Turns out to be one of the best albums I have ever bought. Instantly fell in love with the title track (the 'Some Nights Intro' is very clever) - with 'Some Nights' itself a very varied, powerful track. As one other reviewer has alluded to, if you like 'We Are Young', be prepared to be amazed! My favourite track has to be 'Why Am I The One', (I must have played it hundreds of times in the car!) - followed closely by 'Carry On' and 'I Feel So All Alone'. The only track I haven't played all the way through is 'It gets Better' - (perhaps I should play it through, it may indeed 'get better'! It just sounds a bit too 'Green-Day-ish' for my liking at this point). 'Stars' is another interesting track - It's different, and I like it, but I'm not too sure why! Every other track is simply amazing, and I can't get enough of this album. If you like 'We Are Young', you simply must buy this album! "Some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again... Some nights I always win... I always win..."
on 25 May 2012
This is a brilliant album and instantly likeable. Most albums take me a few listens to get into, but this one is enjoyable from the first listen and for many listens after. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is that there are a couple of dud songs on the album - one of which I have started skipping because it's really not good at all - but for the most part, this album is put together very well and the standard of most of the songs is very high indeed. If you think you might like fun's album after hearing We Are Young, you'd be right.
on 23 June 2012
I love the way this album starts - really shows the personality of the band. The songs are very catchy, but not pop shallow. The only problem with it is the auto tune. I don't know if it's supposed to be a bit of 'fun', but I think it ruins two of the songs. Still, if you skip over those parts, the rest of the album is a blinder. Great to find new (to me) music.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2012
I bought this CD on the strength of the one track "We are young" but was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed all of the tracks. Be aware that there is one very clear swear word on the CD in case you have young children you would not want to hear such language. Other than that it is great.
on 10 October 2012
Totally awesome. Love it. I bought it on the back of the Some Nights song as I really liked it but I genuinely love every track. The opening song in particular is mad, but is beautifully arranged. There is some bad language which isn't great if you have kids listening.
on 4 August 2012
Having seen the band on the Graham Norton show, i decided to listen to the album excerpts available on MP3 sites.

Of the 11 tracks on the album, 8-9 are really good, of those 6 are outstanding.

The music is really "alive" and great to drive to.

The tracks "some nights", "all alone", "all alright", "why am I the one" are all as good as the single "we are young".

I am in my mid 50s and found the album really fresh and clever, with great lyrics and strong rhythm and drums.

DEFINITELY worth buying!
on 9 September 2012
I was expecting so much of this album... and it sure did deliever. I thought We Are Young was a wonderful choice as the first single of the album because it is so catchy and most of the nation loved it. When the abum came out I thought 'I loved We Are Young and I have to buy their album.' and that is exactly what I did.
It is by far one of my favourite albums at this current moment in time, it contains so many strong, catchy ballads and so easy to keep the album playing on repeat for hours on end.
The only flaw about this album was one song and that was 'Stars' it was just to long of a song for me. It was almost seven minutes and it got a bit boring after a while and just want to hear the end of it. But apart from that one song, the album is magnificent. If you like it it's one of those albums you want to put it on full blast and sing your heart out. That's what I done.
on 10 July 2015
Fantastic album. Bought it because I enjoyed the track "We are young" but having played the whole album a few times got to say the lead singer has a great voice and now cant get "Some Nights" out of my head.
on 23 September 2012
I loved their single We are Young and was looking forward to hearing more of their tunes and was not disappointed!
The day the album CD arrived I was in a bit of a low mood so I put it on in the car and was bopping along to it instantly, a real feel good album! Lifts your mood, FUN! My favourite music for a long time.